FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

House

memsa
What do people think of House?
Hugh Laurie does an excellent job in creating a tortured eccentric brilliant soul. The medicine, however, is beyond poetic license........but that probably doesn't matter.
bigdan
It's a bloody good show. Best show our Ten Network has purchased this year, considering its the home of reality TV in Australia Razz.
aethia
House is one of the better shows I have seen on the television in quite some time. Sure, the medicine part of it is a little off the scale but frankly... I am not wanting to watch something about diseases and things that are easily known and recognized. So they dig a bit into the medicine books... I think it adds to it.

And the character of House is great as well. He is sour and cynical, which appeals to the majority of us who DO think other people lie. His humor is dry and off base, so much that we laugh at it. Sure, we know that it could never happen in a real hospital.

But I watch TV for fantasy, not for real life. If I want that, I can go to the hospital in real life.

I am not liking the romance growing between Dr. Chase and Dr. Cameron though... I see it happening just about as much as Dr. Cameron and Dr. House himself! NOT!

Though, I absolutely adore the relationship between House and Wilson! The are best friends despite the complete difference in the two. Its great to see.

I look forward to many more seasons of this show, and I assure you my DVR shall be set to record all I can!
barteacher
I LOVE Hugh Laurie's character in this show. He reminds me so much of myself when I have to deal with the public. The medical stuff is so-so. I mean how many medical shows are out there? I watch the show just to see who House is gonna piss off!
Ryuukei
House is just awesome. I'm really glad a friend pushed me into watching it, because it's on Channel Ten, a free-to-air in Australia, and I generally don't watch it too much. If he hadn't kept bugging me, I would've missed out on the glory that is House's sarcasm.
syxxgage
I never intentionally stay home to watch this show, but when I do catch it, I really enjoy it. When I did an IMDB check on it, I was supprised to see that House is played by the same actor who played Mr Little in those Stuart Little movies. I was blown away. He truly has amazing talent.
Scaramanga
memsa wrote:
What do people think of House?
Hugh Laurie does an excellent job in creating a tortured eccentric brilliant soul. The medicine, however, is beyond poetic license........but that probably doesn't matter.

I would posit that there haven't been ANY medical shows where the medicine was anywhere near reality. And yeah I think Hugh Laurie is really brilliant in this role.

aethia wrote:
I am not liking the romance growing between Dr. Chase and Dr. Cameron though

Yeah I agree with this. And not just because Chase is a little backstabbing suck-up. Now the Cameron/House pairing I DID enjoy, but then you know, his ex had to show up and ruin all of that.
phathugo2467
I love house. It puts a new spin on the typical medical drama. I love his sarcasim. Sometimes he can say the meanest things just to make a point. It's great.
MalvagioAddict
HOUSE is great...the first season had just ended here, and now I'm anticipating the release of the second season. although for the looks of it, you guys has seen the second season if the romance with cameron and chase is to considered.

I never liked house and cameron together, and now with chase and cameron, nope don't like that either. the medical dramedy is just that, a bit of drama with witty humour mixed in, romance should be nixed. unless of course its cuddy and house..those two are just adorable hehehe.

btw, just to ask is Stacy still the 2nd season? and is she a regular? who else was added to the cast?