FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thumbstrips 1.5

Tony The Tiger
I added a few new addins including Thumbstrips 1.5. Now my browser gets slower and slower as I use it causing me to have to restart my computer every so often. Is this addin known for slowing down browser performance?
silverdown
When you add new addins or plugins to Firefox (if that is the browsers your using) it does take up RAM fairly quickly. I have a fair amount myself but most of the ones I am not using are in disabled mode until I want to use them. If I had all addons enabled my Firefox would rack up to 230 MB of my ram Even right now It's already up to 93MB but I have three 512 RAM cards so I am good.
Tony The Tiger
silverdown wrote:
When you add new addins or plugins to Firefox (if that is the browsers your using) it does take up RAM fairly quickly. I have a fair amount myself but most of the ones I am not using are in disabled mode until I want to use them. If I had all addons enabled my Firefox would rack up to 230 MB of my ram Even right now It's already up to 93MB but I have three 512 RAM cards so I am good.

I have 30 plugins. How can I tell how much RAM they are using. I have 2GB of RAM that I am using on my Vista home Premium Hewlett Packard DV9000T laptop.
Tony The Tiger
I am going to disable thumbstrips for now. I have not used it since I added it and it is likely the culprit for slowing down my computer. It seems to be too big of a drain on my computing resources. I hope my performance returns or else something else is the problem.