FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anyone know Ouran Host Club?

reiika101
Hello, well it seems to me that Ouran Host Club is a newly released anime series a few years back, correct me if I'm wrong though Wink. I just wanna tell how awesome it is, a combination of comedy, romance and drama. Very Happy
crimson_aria
newly released anime series a few years back.. xD so it's not new. ^^ anyway, I love Ouran!! I haven't finished watching it yet but I'm near the end. It's funny and cute.
reiika101
crimson_aria wrote:
newly released anime series a few years back.. xD so it's not new. ^^

Oops, my bad. Because of what I know, usually animes that are old are like 10 years ago or more. Ouran I think is only like 3 years back, and they are still in the process of making an English version of it, maybe because it's a really good anime. Very Happy
calla225
If you liked the anime of Ouran Host Club, you should definitely get yourself copies of the manga. It's completely worth it. The bookstores by me didn't have carry it, but you can order off of Amazon.com.

Definitely a hilarious read and 10x better than the anime. Plus you get to see developments that never made it, nor will make it to the anime, seeing how there are no plans for a second season to be released.
roninmedia
I don't know much about since it is a shoujo and I read mostly shounen and seinen manga or watch shounen or seinen anime. However, my female friends who actively read and watch shoujo swear by the series. I don't necessarily trust the recommendation since some of their recommendations have failed disastrously for me when I followed up on them.
telescream
of course i know ouran! it's my favorite. ^^
it's really a bummer that they didn't make another season. it's the most hilarious anime i've ever seen; my friends that don't even like anime love it.
and the manga's definately worth reading! the art is great, and the comments and mini-comics at the end of each volume from bisco hatori (mangaka) are always really funny too. ^^
Mrs Lycos
Me too i love it! Smile
BugBear
I didn't think too much of it. It was ok at the begining but it didn't grab me and I just went to another anime halfway through it. Maybe i'll give it another try but from what i remember it wasn't too great.
LaCalle
ok, well... Hello everyone.

Well, I had it in my hard drive but I couldn't watch it 'cuz I needed to free space in my hard drive, and it is a little difficult get it back from where I get it.

I just watch the intro, I hope to watch it some time.
reiika101
telescream wrote:
of course i know ouran! it's my favorite. ^^
it's really a bummer that they didn't make another season. it's the most hilarious anime i've ever seen; my friends that don't even like anime love it.
and the manga's definately worth reading! the art is great, and the comments and mini-comics at the end of each volume from bisco hatori (mangaka) are always really funny too. ^^

I know how disappointing it is that they did not make another season for the Japanese anime series. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the English version, hoping that it is as good as the Japanese ones were -- especially the voices.
chi0
Yeh, that was a pretty funny anime. It was one of the last ones I watched. Smile

I'm quite glad they didn't make another season - one of the things I think that Japanese TV has over American TV, for example, is that when the story's over, it's over. They're not going to continue the series for eeeever and totally kill the plot just to bring in more revenue. There are some very obvious exceptions to this rule, but it's true for the most part. Smile It leaves with the feeling of "wow, that series was good, I wish I could have seen more" rather than "oh my goooood, when will it end?!" kinda thing. Smile
meeda
YES! My favorite romantic comedy of all time. Haruhi is one awesome heroine.
ovg8
Ouran High is hell funny i love the 3rd last ep about kyouya meeting tamaki and how tamaki keeps on saying "mon ami kyouya" and kyouya is think to himself "on the second day i was promoted to god". Does anyone know what mon ami means?
jigoku05
I tried watching this anime. It's funny but I can't take it's gheyness. There's twincest and the fact that it's a reverse harem anime with lots of bishounen gheyness. And I hate that the lead female's name Haruhi is same with Haruhi Suzumiya which is my favorite girl character! <No just kidding. Though I must admit this is 1000x better than Special A.
courtney
I loved it. It was a well thought-out mixture of comedy, good characterization, and interesting plot (it might not be so appealing to those who don't like mini-arc styled anime though).

I think it had it good build up: the first few episodes showed us how the characters interacted with each other and all the crazy antics the host club get into. Then as we get more familiar with the characters, the story adds to their depth by relating their backstories in the latter episodes.

One of the great aspects of the anime was it was able to introduce bits of of drama and angst without it being too overwhelming and tacky.

Great for light watching. ^^
Tsubasathira
I LOVED THIS ANIME. YOU CAN READ THE MANGA AT ONEMANGA.COM. TRY IT. I ESPECIALLY LOVE TAMAKI. Cool
rayxzero
I love this anime... The guys are really funny but really sweet.