FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain names and trademarks

andyd34
Does anyone have any suggestions.

I registered a domain name last year and all was well

In January of this year I received an email from a solicitor saying I had breached there clients trademark and was to release the domain name instantly along with sending there client 9000 in compensation.

I responded to then quoting some articles I had read regarding domain name disputes along with an offer to sell them the domain name as well as a request for compensation for myself.

Earlier this week I recieved with an offer of 75, I told them to add 2 zeros Wink and they would have to file a dispute with internic.

The reason for this post is to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and what the outcome was.
silverdown
If the email didn't come from the domain host your got the domain from, I would ignore it. If it did come from them, I'd contact them asking how your breached it to fix the issue. To me it sounds like some jerk on the net with nothing else to do other then to worry fellas like yourself Laughing . If you don't think you did anything wrong just delete and forget about it. Unless you wanna take the deal but that is something that is risky since it might be a phishing scam as well.
andyd34
Hi thanks for your reply

The actual correspondance came from a solicitor, I have contact my solicitor and they do have intelectual right over the contents of a domain if they have registered the words in a domain.

my domain is sunseekerrentals and they have a trademark on the word sunseeker(s)
piygoy
andyd34 wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions.

I registered a domain name last year and all was well

In January of this year I received an email from a solicitor saying I had breached there clients trademark and was to release the domain name instantly along with sending there client 9000 in compensation.

I responded to then quoting some articles I had read regarding domain name disputes along with an offer to sell them the domain name as well as a request for compensation for myself.

Earlier this week I recieved with an offer of 75, I told them to add 2 zeros Wink and they would have to file a dispute with internic.

The reason for this post is to see if anyone else has had a similar experience and what the outcome was.

It is really surprising. I have searched a domain from a hosting service. The domain was available and ready for registration, At the same I searched the same domain on another hosting service, but the search result showed that the domain is unavailable.