FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do people play games for plot or action? How long do u take?

sunjay
Hello,

Im just wondering what people play games for, plot or action?

I'm not sure if i have chronic short attention span or something but the only games i have ever finished was the first Harry Potter game and that took me a month and that was for the story (ended up reading the book) and Halo 1 for the action which took me something like 5 months on easy.

Right now, i'm trying to play Oblivion but is getting very weary... maybe its cos i'm playing for the visuals...

So yeah what do u guys play games for?

Later.
Vladalf
For both. Well I like story in games but if the gameplay isn't fun you can't enjoy the story so much. For example I love the Half Life series story. They have a great story, the enviroments look beautiful , characters are very well put and the gameplay is awesome. When you play it you can't wait till you find out what happens next and the gameplay keeps you'r adrenaline high. That's what I like at games.
-Vladalf
Nutteloos
Oblivion is a good-looking game but that's about it. To make the game interesting enough to last more than a few hours, you'll have to start modding it. I highly recommend you try Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (OOO in short) which makes the game both more challenging and a lot more interesting.

Of course there's loads of other mods, but I will never start another Oblivion game without a major overhaul package. And a levelling editor. You just had to hate how they handled that in vanilla Oblivion.
Nameless
If by 'action' you mean 'gameplay', then that. If I wanted a good plot, I could read a book. (A good story makes a game better of course, in the same way good graphics and the like do, but the gameplay is what makes it a game instead of a movie, so that always comes first.)
catscratches
I don't really like games, but if I play them then it's for the plot and feeling of the game.
Bluedoll
I really have not played a lot of games but those I did play l liked obviously or wouldn't have played them.

What attracts me to plot or action I am not sure, think it is both me.

The last game I played I ended up being a miner and digging for treasure. Well it didn’t make much sense really because as you dig deeper your expenses increase as you upgrade your equipment. The rewards are deeper though and in the action, well you interact with the game and get deeper and deeper into the game.

I like action, just to be able to sit back and enjoy but plot is a must too because without the game would be rather boring.

Maybe these games are like the game of life we play as we struggle to survive. I know one thing I stopped being a miner in this last game only after I was killed for the final time.

Game play is fun but I really question whether it is me playing the game or the game playing me.

Razz
enygmasoft
Bluedoll wrote:
I really have not played a lot of games but those I did play l liked obviously or wouldn't have played them.

What attracts me to plot or action I am not sure, think it is both me.

The last game I played I ended up being a miner and digging for treasure. Well it didn’t make much sense really because as you dig deeper your expenses increase as you upgrade your equipment. The rewards are deeper though and in the action, well you interact with the game and get deeper and deeper into the game.

I like action, just to be able to sit back and enjoy but plot is a must too because without the game would be rather boring.

Maybe these games are like the game of life we play as we struggle to survive. I know one thing I stopped being a miner in this last game only after I was killed for the final time.

Game play is fun but I really question whether it is me playing the game or the game playing me.

Razz

I am a big fan of the RPG type of games, which means it will always be story over fun. I will admit that these games are far from fun.