FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla global config error

RiCtee
I'm using the latest version 1.5.3 (just updated today). I never had this problem when I was using Joomla 1.0 on this server, which was quite a while ago. The problem is that I can't save the global configuration from the admin backend. I get a 500 Internal Server Error when I save/apply it:
Code:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tee.frih.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It isn't really a problem because I can edit the configuration.php manually. But then I can't disable user registration using that way. I'm just wondering whether anyone has the same problem on Joomla. I was thinking it might be a server (mis)configuration.
rvec
try to rename or delete the .htaccess file. If it works after doing that you should paste the file's content here.
RiCtee
rvec wrote:
try to rename or delete the .htaccess file.

Nope it still doesn't work. Sad
Helios
Didn't want to open a new thread..

I have the same issue. Any ideas how to solve this?
RiCtee
Helios wrote:
Didn't want to open a new thread..

I have the same issue. Any ideas how to solve this?

I asked the same question at the Joomla Forums and got the solution (after a while). See the topic here.

Basically just add this line to your .htaccess: SecFilterEngine Off

Cheers.
Bondings
This was due to some restrictive mod_security rules. I removed the guilty ones that were triggering the 500 error. Can you check again if it's working now?

@RiCtee, does that work on our servers?
Helios
Well, it works here. I'm not sure whether to leave this thread open or not, so I'll just leave it open for anybody who might encount this problem again.

Thanks B Very Happy