FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YourNet - Design Check/Tips

cr3ativ3
Hey, couple friends and I are working on starting this forum with the name YourNet we have gone threw a couple names such as Social Payment Network but we settled on this more web 2.0 name.

The site is similar to Frihost in it is a forum based site and run by ads. Basically how it works; you get points for posting then at a certain point you can buy stuff with these points such as domain names or maybe just exchange them for real money sent to your Paypal.

So far this is just a first version template modified subsilver template. Tell what you think of it maybe give me suggestions on category's or forum's. I am at a loss for what I should do for the navigation.

http://www.yournet.frih.net/phpBB2

Were hoping to launch it this coming weekend we all need to have a meeting and work out the details and crap but ya.

Throw me all your suggestions no matter how far fetched they may be.

Thanks,
Aaron
Ghost Rider103
We have an advertisement forum....
cr3ativ3
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
We have an advertisement forum....

I realize that lol i am not finished it I don't want to go about advertising before it's finished.... correct? I am asking for design tips before I officially launch.

Thanks,
Aaron
LostOverThere
Purple on Green is a bit off putting but otherwise its looking fairly decent. I'd probably go for a darker green over that lime, but the lime still looks cool.

However, if I were you guys I'd go with phpBB3, phpBB2 will be completely unsupported within a year. Then again, its whatever does it for you I guess.
cr3ativ3
LostOverThere wrote:
Purple on Green is a bit off putting but otherwise its looking fairly decent. I'd probably go for a darker green over that lime, but the lime still looks cool.

However, if I were you guys I'd go with phpBB3, phpBB2 will be completely unsupported within a year. Then again, its whatever does it for you I guess.

Thanks, ya I was a little confused with the purple on green because the old colour of text on the green caused it hard to see so I choose a complementary colour which was purple.

I modded the crap out of that forum and there doesn't seem to be to many mods out for phpbb3 so I wasn't able to use phpbb3, trust me I would have though.

Thanks for the feedback!
GB
I got a site not found...
cr3ativ3
Sorry I changed the sub domain the link in the topic starter has been changed.