FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Aggtown
Anybody notice that SP3 interferes with software that requires SP2 (Pinnacle, etc.)?
RiCtee
Has SP3 actually been released already? Like it's not beta and can be downloaded? I have been using Ubuntu over Windows for quite a while now.
kansloos
It is sheduled to be released for 29th of April 2008. Which is in 5days, I wouldn't worry about programs breaking on this release and if they do, fixes will probably be quickly available.
csoftdev
i haven't installed it as i have not really go hunt for it. it doesn't really matter much for me as I am more to linux user and i don't use much of windows even though i have a virtual machine running xp.
gh0stface
Welp, updating to SP3 as I speak. Eventually I'll probably want to slipstream this to my Windows XP install CD.

Installation seems pretty standard for now... Just wonder what "updates" they provide or will it essentially break my system...
swizzy
gh0stface wrote:
Welp, updating to SP3 as I speak. Eventually I'll probably want to slipstream this to my Windows XP install CD.

Installation seems pretty standard for now... Just wonder what "updates" they provide or will it essentially break my system...

I slipstreamed the beta version into a disk, and it wouldnt accept my OEM key, which used to work in sp2 Mad . if it does work for you, please tell... Smile
gh0stface
Anyways, quick update about SP3. Nothing really special that I can see. The extra security options that they implemented, I can't find and don't know how to get to that control panel haha... I think SP3 was more of an update for the more extreme technical users.

swizzy wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

I slipstreamed the beta version into a disk, and it wouldnt accept my OEM key, which used to work in sp2 Mad . if it does work for you, please tell... Smile

Haven't exactly slipstreamed it yet. But I will let you know the results if I do.

Have you tried slipstreaming the final version of SP3? It's no longer beta.
czc587
I not heard anyting really good about it that makes we want me to rush and install it. In fact I've heard of a number of problems that it's created. I think I'll hold off a while until this first round of bugs have been squashed.
©Wolfie
Arrow BE WARNED

My complete Windows XP broke with Service Pack 3. Why? I dunno. I think that's because of the many tweaks I installed. If you have also many tweaks installed, don't install Service Pack 3!
marc781
Is Window XP SP3 good? I'm afraid it would affect my Windows Blind. Will it make any program not working? Sorry, tech noob here.