FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Emo music.. Suggestions?

dragnarok
im just trying to get some good emo music.

i already have some Dashboard Confessionals, Death Cab for Cutie, All-American Rejects, and Hot Hot Heat. Any other suggestions? pm me or just post here
seanpg000
Sorry to break it to you dude, but not many people like Emos or there music. (but there music is better than the emo itself) Very Happy
dragnarok
that was utterly rude... you can't just speak for others not to mention you fricken posted 5 times which were almost the same thing. Once is enough. Plus, not many people like emos or there music? wtf is that? the question is why? why is it that you don't like emos or there music. If i said the same thing about you, what would you respond with?

Anyways, who else has any suggestions?
dragnarok
but, i do give you props for "but there music is better than the emo itself"
ddukki
Try My Chemical Romance, The Used ( mostly Screamo ), or Taking Back Sunday. I'm not much into them, but some of my friends are diehard fans. Emery's a good choice too.
Zibé
I have heard some tracks of Thrice,
it's a good band, between emo and metalcore...
dragnarok
[quote="ddukki"]Try My Chemical Romance, The Used ( mostly Screamo ), or Taking Back Sunday. I'm not much into them, but some of my friends are diehard fans. Emery's a good choice too.[/q]
oops, i forgot to mention i listened to the used and my chemical romance too. ill try taking back sunday. thank you
dragnarok
Zibé wrote:
I have heard some tracks of Thrice,
it's a good band, between emo and metalcore...

mm ill try thrice. but i still love dirty little secrets by all american rejects
diablera
neither Death Cab For Cutie nor Hot Hot Heat are Emo. If you want to listen to some EMO you should try Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Alkaline Trio, Thursday, etc.

But if you liked Death Cab For Cutie you might like Evanss (my band) Razz

Cheers!! Cool
gh0stface
Ack. In my opinion, My Chemical Romance is a terrible terrible band.

However some bands that may or may not be emo(I suck at classifying these genres) are:

The Format
Mae
Armor for Sleep
New Amsterdams
The Get Up Kids
shr3dd
suggestion for emo? kill yourself.
XxXEmoDorkXxX
alkaline trio
andrew wk
brand new
Boy Sets Fire
Brand New
Coheed & Cambria
Dashboard Confessional
Denali
Elliott
Fairweather
furtherseemsforever
from autumn to ashes
Glassjaw
horse the band
Hot Rod Circuit
Jimmy Eat World
Mates of State
Midtown
My Chemical Romance
New End Original
New Found Glory
on the might of princes
Piebald
Prevent Falls
recover
Rocking Horse Winner
saetia
Saves The Day
small brown bike
taking back sunday
thursday
Yellowcard
shr3dd
Sweet, know we know what not to listen to.
Caxius
30 second to mars maybe? Confused
lpbrasil
I dont like emo musci, but i like bands how All Americans Rejects, Dashboard Confessional , Yellowcard, but the true i dont like music this tip of music.
diablera
Caxius wrote:

Well, I', pretty sure 30 Seconds to Mars is not emo. BTW, Alkaline Trio, Thursday, The Get Up Kids and Braid are way cool, though i do not like emo either that much....

Cheers!!! Cool
Caxius
diablera wrote:
Caxius wrote:

Well, I', pretty sure 30 Seconds to Mars is not emo.

I dont know. i said it because i read it in internet, but i dont know the style of 30STM
icugaming
lpbrasil wrote:
I dont like emo musci, but i like bands how All Americans Rejects, Dashboard Confessional , Yellowcard, but the true i dont like music this tip of music.

THose are emo bands, buddy.
diablera
icugaming wrote:
lpbrasil wrote:

THose are emo bands, buddy.

I guess that is exactly what he meant to say: He doesn't like emo, but in someway he likes those bands.... mmmh, not sure if you catch it, hehehe, I'm not even sure if I caught it enough Razz

Cheers!!! Cool
outsyinsy
Go to the root. Fugazi.

The now-defunct At the Drive-in and its spinoff whose name I friggin' forgot. At the Drive-in disbanded and their members went off to form 2 different groups, The Mars Volta and the band whose name I can't recall at the moment. Darn it.

The bands you guys mentioned are mostly just off-shoots of the emo movement that started in the 80s. Or was it the 90s? Fugazi was one of the original emo bands, if you want to put it that way.
diablera
outsyinsy wrote:
Go to the root. Fugazi.

The now-defunct At the Drive-in and its spinoff whose name I friggin' forgot. At the Drive-in disbanded and their members went off to form 2 different groups, The Mars Volta and the band whose name I can't recall at the moment. Darn it.

The bands you guys mentioned are mostly just off-shoots of the emo movement that started in the 80s. Or was it the 90s? Fugazi was one of the original emo bands, if you want to put it that way.

Do you mean Sparta? I actually liked Sparta much better than The Mars Volta, for some reason, Sparta is closer to indie and The Mars Volta is closer to progressive rock...

Cheers!! Cool
outsyinsy
Yes, it was Sparta. Thank you very much. =)

I've never actually heard any Sparta songs, so I can't really judge, but I do have a Mars Volta album and EP, and yeah, I think they lean toward more progressive rock and is a far cry from their At the Drive-in days.
hayalperest
i think that music sux
deanna
funeral for a friend, saves the day, HIM and finch are some of my favorites...there are so many these days...it really depends on what style you like...lots of screaming...none...ect...i really hate categorizing music in general...i dont like the term "emo" but just browse around some music sites and click the "see similar artists" links and you will find some good stuff.
ddukki
Emery is pretty good as well. Try their songs, Bloodless and Walls. They've got a repeating melodic line in most of their songs, but it's nothing that you can't overlook. They play amazingly.
Twikki
Three great emo bands I know are Alkaline trio, Billy Talent and My Chemical Romance
Deji
Dashboard Confessional are a joke

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=10663

its a video.. during it they start singing.. i thought it was a pisstake as the lyrics are awful.. but then the actual dashboard confessional song comes in over it @@
otaku
Some good Emo bands are:

All Americans Rejects
Dashboard Confessional
Yellowcard

btw, MCR is not emo it's indie. Thier good but not emo.
Twikki
otaku wrote:
Some good Emo bands are:

All Americans Rejects
Dashboard Confessional
Yellowcard

btw, MCR is not emo it's indie. Thier good but not emo.

to mp3.com

Artist: Yellowcard | Active: 90s, 00s
Genre: Rock/Pop
Styles: Punk Revival, Punk-Pop
apparently neither are yellowcard Razz

technically alot of people say they are either emo or goth (yeh right)
mainly bcos of the songs helena and ghost of you
Caxius
deanna wrote:
funeral for a friend, saves the day, HIM

funeral for a friend is new-metal and him is... gothic music maybe? i dont know...
killr
If you're into that you should check out this acoustic vid by the used..so good..
http://www.purevolume.com/theused/videos/78785/Empty+With+You
catscratches
A lot of the bands mentioned here aren't emo. Whilst some of them (like Thursday) may be great, they're just not emo.

I pretty much only listen to one real emo band, Indian Summer.
liljp617
None of the bands you listed are emo. Do some research into the history of what emo actually is and originated from...
PartyPros
My real suggestion is pick a different genre. Blink 182, A Day To Remember, Plus 44, My Chemical romance.
Libby
I downloaded a Cap'n Jazz album a few weeks ago, apparently they were emo (or screamo or whatever) and it's really good. Really weird but really good. Smile

I don't understand how people can write off entire genres of music. :/