FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain name question

datter
I realize my post count has fallen off around here (long story) but I'm working on fixing that. At any rate, I used to have a domain name (datter.com) pointing to my frihost account here but recently let the url expire as I decided I didn't care enough to keep it anymore. So now that it's gone, I wiped any mention of it from my control panel here at Frihost and tried to set up datter.fri.net which is how I think the base url should work around here. Is that right?

In other words, if one doesn't have a proper domain pointed to a frihost account here what's the default URL to get to a site? As I said I thought it would be datter.fri.net but that appears to not work.

Thanks,
datter
Relentless
Try,

datter.frih.net

(you missed the 'H' from frih)

But remember you are only allowed one domain name per account...

If your on server 1 your domain should be

datter.frihost.net

Hope I helped...
Bockman
None of it is actually working, and I've checked your account for several errors.

1 - You removed datter.frih.net either when you set datter.com or afterwards when you removed datter.com (you shouldn't have messed with the .frih.net domain we gave you in the first place)

2 - When you recreated, you used datter.frihost.net .. This will never work because frihost.net is on a different server (VPS1) and the NS at your server (Server2) does NOT solve .frihost.net domains.
(On a side note, you are NOT allowed to create any .frih.net OR .frihost.net domains , you are supposed to ASK for them. This alone can lead to account removal)

I have changed your domain to datter.frih.net And hopefully it'll be working in a few hours.

If it isn't working the best option would be to recreate the account, but for that you will need to backup any files you have there and check the email (25 megs currently) because it'll be gone when the account is recreated.

Be well Cool

Edit: It's working properly now. I can see your site at http://datter.frih.net
datter
Thanks very much, I was becoming aware that I had messed things up pretty badly. Thanks for sorting me out. Smile