FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

probs with server 2

inphurno
Anyone else having trouble with server 2 out there? My site is super slow and is often not loading files... I dont know if this is a temporary problem but i have been trying for some time now and it just doesnt seem to be responding.

Also, is server 2 still being rebooted every hour? If so i guess it could be this but the timeouts/slowness has been lasting much longer and this isnt at the beinging of the hour. I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Thanks in advance
Relentless
Yes I noticed it last night and this morning when I was editing my site.

There is a slight period where the server stops streaming files (well times out connection)

Thought it was just me but now you have said that. think somthing is happening...

-
Dan...
Bondings
A heavy backup script was running (rebuilding the backups) at that time. If it's better now, then I guess that was causing it.
takashiro
I find the server 2 is always slower than the server 1. Is that because of more user on server 2?
Bondings
takashiro wrote:
I find the server 2 is always slower than the server 1. Is that because of more user on server 2?

The server load is usually higher on server 2, but that doesn't mean that it is slower. Server 1 is actually a VPS, while Server 2 is a decicated server. They are completely different configurations and the server loads aren't very comparable.
inphurno
still wondering if server 2 still being rebooted every hour?
Bondings
There are some services being rebooted every hour at the moment, but that is normally only temporary.
inphurno
ok thanks for the info cause before the whole server was being rebooted because of cron job loads but maybe thats over now...