FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many mails can be send by a script?...

pollux1er
Hi to everybody. I want to use the mail function of php in a script. But this script will send a lot of mails to each user stored in my database. Is there a limit of mail to send by script? If no does it work without any consequences to send many mails?
rvec
please don't send too many. There is no limit on how many mails can be send, but if you are going to spam users you can get the frihost server on a blacklist.
pollux1er
rvec wrote:
please don't send too many. There is no limit on how many mails can be send, but if you are going to spam users you can get the frihost server on a blacklist.

This is not for spaming. Don't worry about that. I was wondering i can send many mails without restriction. Because i am building a product that i will put in service later. A kind of custumer service by mail. For small enterprise that can't have a web site.
Have a look at the interface connection. There is not yet connection possible.
Mail notifications
rvec
lol is that the disney font? Razz

When making a script make sure that you don't let the script run more than 30 sec (it dies). So send a maximum of about 50 mails per run and let the script run more than once if you need to send more (could be using cron).
pollux1er
rvec wrote:
lol is that the disney font? Razz

When making a script make sure that you don't let the script run more than 30 sec (it dies). So send a maximum of about 50 mails per run and let the script run more than once if you need to send more (could be using cron).

Yest it is the disney font. how do you find it?
When you talk of the time of the script are you talking of the one for mails? What is cron?
rvec
on linux there is something called cronjobs (short 'cron') and in the crontab (or in directadmin/cpanel) you can make new cronjobs. These 'jobs' can be run every day/hour/week/... on any desired moment. An example job is run a php scrip every day (to, for example, send mail wanting to be send).

The 30 sec is the maximum execution time of a php script. If you have a script that is still running after 30 sec it gets killed.
pollux1er
rvec wrote:
on linux there is something called cronjobs (short 'cron') and in the crontab (or in directadmin/cpanel) you can make new cronjobs. These 'jobs' can be run every day/hour/week/... on any desired moment. An example job is run a php scrip every day (to, for example, send mail wanting to be send).

The 30 sec is the maximum execution time of a php script. If you have a script that is still running after 30 sec it gets killed.

Thanks for the information about cron jobs. It useful for my project. But now i would like you to tell me clearly how it used in our cpanet(the one of frihost). Thank you for the assistance. Smile
rvec
and the topic continues here: http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-91949.html Razz
-close-