FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hitman Reborn!

zanzou
Having just caught up on... ooh... 150 chapters or so of Reborn!, I have firmly entered it into "something I love beyond belief" and am now very up for discussions.

For example: is the anime worth it?
Sundae
Well, if anyone ask me that, I'll say it's worth it, but only starting from the fight with Rokudo Mukuro and onward.
The first 30 chapter was crap, and only good for character introduction. But the story keep getting better and from Varia's arc onward, you'll definitely hooked up Cool
zanzou
Sundae wrote:
Well, if anyone ask me that, I'll say it's worth it, but only starting from the fight with Rokudo Mukuro and onward.
The first 30 chapter was crap, and only good for character introduction. But the story keep getting better and from Varia's arc onward, you'll definitely hooked up 8)

I'm actually having that same problem when introducing a friend of mine to it. I'm trying to figure out WHEN fairly important characters stopped being introduced (for example: Longchamp isn't important) so I have her just skip to Mukuro's arc.
ddukki
Actually, you really don't even need to figure out when they were introduced. They're pretty static characters and you basically just need to watch a couple episodes to figure out why they're there.
zanzou
ddukki wrote:
Actually, you really don't even need to figure out when they were introduced. They're pretty static characters and you basically just need to watch a couple episodes to figure out why they're there.

I don't watch the anime, and I /think/ there's less explanation like that in the manga. I'm mostly thinking for kids like Futa, where you have to get at least SOME backstory to understand what they're doing.
BugBear
The anime is great though -,- Razz

although in the anime the characters totally change after a while and it's like watching something else. I personally loved the first few eps of it.
torboxz
I like reborn very much and currently reading its latest chapter, Chapter 221 (as of dec 11). The enemies are insanely tough and they use box weapon. Poor kids..
thetinyclam
I couldn't get myself to like this anime/manga so much. Then again, Hitman Reborn was targeted at Shounen and I'm a hardcore seinen fan. Something about Reborn and his baby-like appearance that bothers me.
torboxz
I know nothing about shounen or seinen. Someone care to tell me?
goldenozaru
KHR is an awesome anime.. everyone should watch it.. its in my top 3 and i reccomend it to anyone
ovg8
hitman reborn is pretty good but with all the arcs going on and on you kinda wish for like a couple of chapter of the good old days. And in the late future arc where's I-pin gone? It fighting style is really unique so thats why i like it.