FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blog redesign

alalex
Hi guys,
I'm planning on doing a blog redesign, but I want to have a very good design...
So here is sort of my first attempt, it is only the header but you can tell me if you like/dislike/hate the colors, shapes, idea...

Please tell me your opinion, I really need some feedback Wink
InsanePL
Colors are nice but add some curves. I don`t liek sites based on standard shapes of DIV. Maybe nifty corners or something.
And maybe add column to to right, cuz it`s too blank, Move categories etc to the right.
escritor
^Nifty Corners Cube is an updated version. Wink

alalex, I liked the new headers, but please don't make the page size too big.
thewebkid
I like minimalistic designs. This fits very well. The colors are well pleasing to the eye's and I like the top header. Well done.
alalex
thanks to all!
@escritor:
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
About the page size I now, I'm trying to shrink the images without loosing too much design, but I still don't know how to since most of them are pngs with alpha transparencies... Sad
I'll probably save as jpg all the ones I can, and leave the only really necessary ones in jpg

@thewebkid
Thanks for the good words Wink
alalex
Sorry for re-posting, but I just wanted to tell you that I just upgraded to the new design, so that the whole blog is now on it!

http://urbanoalvarez.es/blog/

As I said to escritor before I changed as many images as possible to jpg and gif, reducing incredibly the load time, even though I'm still around 7 seconds... Confused .
I'll try to optimize even more the images and styling, but well, for today I'm done.

Thanks for your help guys!
DjMilez
Ooo. I love the colors. It's like autumn. It's neat how you made the content transparent too.

Good work. Very Happy
irishmark
not too my taste really - it's all a bit big too
escritor
I think that chic is the word. Very Happy It's a very unique design. Wink

I just believe that you should improve the typography and get rid of the default Wordpress smileys (you may want to take a look at this plugin). Wink
GB
This looks pretty good. For me, I'm not crazy about the yellow, blue and pink splashes, but really, I think you've done a good job.
thewebkid
I like it very well. Its not too crazy design wise and it the design flows very well. great job