FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Report Yourself?

Ratmaster
I don't really know why it is there, but does it really need to be when it is YOU who posted?
(when I post I can see the report button on my post)
yupeng
Ratmaster wrote:
I don't really know why it is there, but does it really need to be when it is YOU who posted?
(when I post I can see the report button on my post)

U posted,and you can also see the "Report"button.......
But,do you want to report yourself?
I think that none will do such kind of things.....
Wellllllllllllllllll,If you want to have a try this this "SELF Report" function,just try it Razz
rvec
it's there in case you make an accident like a double post and you want a mod to delete it.
cr3ativ3
Ya but on this forum and other it allows you to delete your own posts so in this case the report button isn't necessary to be displayed on your own posts. But everyone knows phpbb2 has some issues lol.
Blaster
It is easier to code that way i think that is most likely why this was done.
Ratmaster
rvec wrote:
it's there in case you make an accident like a double post and you want a mod to delete it.
Usually if you posted and you noticed this, you can delete it unless someone posted after you.
Bockman
You can always use that function to report topics you want closed, such as contests and marketplace topics you created and are now closed.

Most likely it was implemented like this because it's simpler (one less IF statement, at least), but I think it actually can be a good tool for you guys.

Be Well Cool
Ghost Rider103
I never knew you coule delete your own post? Is this something that was turned on in the admin pannel a year or so ago?

I remeber trying to delete one of my posts but there was no option to...

Anyways, like Rvec said, it is good to report your own double post or something. It's also not that big of a problem to wory about to hurry and try to get rid of. I think there is bigger and better things that we could be working on.

EDIT: I know see the "Delete this post" option. I still think that's somewhat new...lol
rvec
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

EDIT: I know see the "Delete this post" option. I still think that's somewhat new...lol

I also see one on every post Razz
Bondings
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I never knew you coule delete your own post? Is this something that was turned on in the admin pannel a year or so ago?

I remeber trying to delete one of my posts but there was no option to...

Anyways, like Rvec said, it is good to report your own double post or something. It's also not that big of a problem to wory about to hurry and try to get rid of. I think there is bigger and better things that we could be working on.

It only works when it's the last post in a topic. And it was always this way. And removing a topic yourself doesn't work.

The feature to report your own posts is being used to remove double posts/topics and to close topics. And yes it's easier to let people report their own posts than to restrict it.
Ghost Rider103
Oh yes, a while ago I was trying to delete my topic, that would be why I got confused, lol. I never really try to delete my post, I guess I never have has a reason to.
zjosie729
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Ya but on this forum and other it allows you to delete your own posts so in this case the report button isn't necessary to be displayed on your own posts. But everyone knows phpbb2 has some issues lol.

you can delete your own posts? how?
ocalhoun
^If it is the last post in a topic, there should be a little [X] button next to the quote button. Push it and poof! deleted.
James007
We have designed the system in such a way, even self-haters can enjoy themselves by reporting their selves. It really is a joy for people with Dissociative Identity Disorder! (Naughty me.)

You also shouldn't necessarily see the report button as something bad. I've had millions of discussions all involving the same thing: "How should we name the REPORT link?" Should it be "Bring to the attention of a moderator" or is that a little unspecific? (That's on vBulletin, things are far easier 'down' here.)
Genesiz
You could post a bad post, and then suddenly have an attack of conscience and become paranoid that you were actually a bad person. The only way you could relieve your guilt and sink back into sanity would be to report your own post.

Trust me, it could happen.
rvec
*waits for Genesiz to report his post* Cool
polly-gone
I think I have reported my own posts a few times. Double posting and such. I didn't know that it could also be used to just close a topic. I think I will try that from now on instead of saying, "Uh.... rvec... you're the only mod in this thread. Do me a favor and close this...."

I think I have done that 5 or 6 times this week.

-Nick Wink Wink Wink
Genesiz
*has a sudden attack of conscience and REPORTS RVEC'S POST FOR BEING SPAM* Cool
polly-gone
*Reports rvec's post because it just seems to not have much of a point, and thinks that it is not of a very good quality.*

-Nick Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil