FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your price for gas?

Will we see $2.00 per gallon for gas again?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 24

TheHitman
Hey all.....
I was just wondering - where are located and what is the price of gas there?
TheHitman
oppps...My Bad. I live in Hacienda Hieghts, Californa (about 20 miles from LA) and the price of gas here is $2.84 per gallon.

Cost me F****** $41 dollars to fill my gas tank the other day Shocked
ddukki
We're up at around $3.16 a gallon down here in Dallas, Texas. It's crazy. Almost $50 for a full tank.
Billy Hill
I recently had to swipe my card twice because the $50.00 limit wasn't enough!
bigdan
Here in NSW, it's $1.25 a litre in Sydney, and more in the country, due to added transport prices, etc...
Monkeydog
TheHitman wrote:
oppps...My Bad. I live in Hacienda Hieghts, Californa (about 20 miles from LA) and the price of gas here is $2.84 per gallon.

Cost me F****** $41 dollars to fill my gas tank the other day Shocked

OMG like thats a lot now adays
amazingly the west coast(including California,ironicly since its usally the highest in the whole contry)has like the lowest prices anywere.Plus america already has the cheapest gas prices in the world still >.>
MMFAN
here in ohio, some of the Shell stations are charging near six bucks and limiting how much people can fill! I mean, I know there low but 6 bucks is wayyy too much for a galloin
krazeek
some places are $3.29 and some others are $3.19. Im glad I dont drive yet.
MMFAN
Same, though it makes you wonder if this price jump will effect future prices.
krazeek
I know car dealers will have a problem selling cars now if the prices keep skyrocketing. Diesel always use to be more than unleaded gas, now it is like $2.89 and unleaded is $3.29/gallon. I hurd a tanker got in an accident that had 2 millions gallons of oil or something.
jveezy
I think part of the problem is that everyone is so scared of gas prices going up that they rush to go fill up the gas while they can and lo and behold, the prices go up.

It's kinda like when we used to have bank runs. Everyone thinks the bank is going to become insolvent. So everyone rushes to the bank and demands their money and naturally, that causes the bank to go insolvent.

If people would just continue their current routine of just filling up when they only have say a 1/4 tank left, I doubt prices would be this high. I'm not disputing the fact that they would go up, but I'm sure that all this paranoia is part of the problem.
Monkeydog
Well Gas prices will always go up slowly but this is pretty temporary(people should stop buying gas though)since it is Labor day weekend and all those refinerys were knocked out which is were a lot of the gas for Mid West to the East coast is made...
Red Eyes
man i feel sorry for some of you guys up here in wa it really hasent that bad it is onlny 2.80...but i guess that is still expensive when you think about it..it took 61.00 to feel up the gas tank in my durango!!
mOrpheuS
Here in India, petrol (gasoline) costs close to 4.5 USD per gallon (3.785 litres, the US fluid gallon)
diesel costs around 0.7 times as much.
and despite the fact that the average Indian petrol car does 45+ miles per gallon (diesel cars do significantly more), owning and running a car is still very expensive. Confused

p.s. - I can only imagine 2$/gallon petrol, but I don't dream often Laughing
Fry1077
I live in Los Angeles and the gas price is $2.95 to $3.00, it hasn't gotten up to $4 yet though it will
TheHitman
You know something that is funny.....acouple of years ago I lived in New York state and then I moved to California by driving across country. And it seemed that the further west I went.....the more gas cost. In fact, I believe California had the highest price and I couldnt believe the prices!

I still bitch about the prices, but maybe, according to y'all, I should be thankful?

But I must say......at $2.90 (it went up), its hard to be.
impronto
1.30/L, Ottawa, CANADA
Mona
Right after katrina it was 3.19/gallon for regular, and it just went down again to 2.70 thats in orlando fl.
Dark-Tech
Hudson Valley NY, $3.30- regular to $4.00 Plus

sucks
n0obie4life
Singapore was at $2.00 / l
Red Eyes
I remember like 4 winters agon when here in washington the gas was like .89cents a gallon!
LostOverThere
Here in Queensland (In Australia if you have brain damage), we sometimes see it at 75 Cents a Litre.

Thats around 56 US Cents.

But usually its around $1.25AU
gonzo
The cost per mile will only go down after you switch to a hybrid engine Wink
gtb
Dude, whatever happened to the days when gas was less than a dollar per gallon. Now my family is thinking of selling our F-150 for a Jetta TDI.

LostOverThere wrote:
Here in Queensland (In Australia if you have brain damage), we sometimes see it at 75 Cents a Litre.

Thats around 56 US Cents.

But usually its around $1.25AU

Wait, 75 cents a litre? A liter is .22 of a gallon, so gas must be way more expensive for you.
gonzo
again: if the US was the imperialist nation it is oft accused of being there wouldn't be 'high' gas prices. We would have just seized the land, and infrastructure of those nutty countries who sell the crude
LostOverThere
gtb wrote:
Wait, 75 cents a litre? A liter is .22 of a gallon, so gas must be way more expensive for you.

Dude, thats Australian Dollars, 56 Cents US.
af169
maybe many people dont drive yet
gonzo
af169 wrote:
maybe many people dont drive yet

That sounds like the electric company copout over the previous scandal: "conserve energy: use less"

riiight
OnlyOneLife
So what was the gas price before Kartina hit? Question
TheHitman
gonzo wrote:
again: if the US was the imperialist nation it is oft accused of being there wouldn't be 'high' gas prices. We would have just seized the land, and infrastructure of those nutty countries who sell the crude

ummmm....didn't we already do that?? Wink

Soooooo, when will we see it in the pumps?
bigdan
It's around AUS$1.40 a litre in some places now...and expected to get more expensive.

Thank god I don't drive or have my provisional license yet!
LostOverThere
Well, i'll be buying an electric car!
gonzo
LostOverThere wrote:

Do you live in the US? If yes, how is most electricity produced? Would you say it's "environmentally friendly"? Wink

TheHitman wrote:
gonzo wrote:

ummmm....didn't we already do that??

Remind me again of the specifics....

Rolling Eyes

"This war was for oil"

yup, sure, and that's why prices are steadily falling.. oh wait they're not...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Monkeydog
TheHitman wrote:
You know something that is funny.....acouple of years ago I lived in New York state and then I moved to California by driving across country. And it seemed that the further west I went.....the more gas cost. In fact, I believe California had the highest price and I couldnt believe the prices!

I still bitch about the prices, but maybe, according to y'all, I should be thankful?

But I must say......at $2.90 (it went up), its hard to be.

Uhhhhh no duh California almost always has the highest prices in the country.
prithvi
My price for gas usually happens to be an upset stomach.

And when the situation gets worse, the price doesn't really shoot up............instead, it shoots down (and then, its usually flushed)
schudder
Belgium, here the maximumprice (government sets a price that no tank station can go over, they can go way lower if they want to though) is over 1.3€/liter. To put that in American terms:

Over 6$ per gallon!

Luckily diesel is "only" like 5.2$ per gallon and it lasts longer, too, that's probably why diesel's so popular here.

But anyway, be glad your government doesn't tax your gas like crazy. Like I said in another thread, only like 40 cents out of that 1.3€ is actual oil price. The rest are petrol tax, sales tax and costs (refinery and transport) - and of course a bit of profit.

Though we do of course use a lot less oil (because of higher prices, we use smaller cars, well, not as many SUV's anyway, and drive smarter) and as such, we're much more environment friendly Wink
jveezy
gonzo wrote:
LostOverThere wrote:

Do you live in the US? If yes, how is most electricity produced? Would you say it's "environmentally friendly"? Wink

It's not the most environmentally friendly, but it's less pollutive than just burning gas by the gallon. Most of our pollution does come from automobiles. Plus, there's research into other methods of automobile hybridization that are also promising besides gas-electric. I've read things about using compressed air from brakes to accelerate. Considering that that compression is there anyways and we don't need to produce it like with electricity, I would consider that a more practical solution. I'm no mechanic, but I do know that most energy is used up during acceleration and if we can cut down on that, then we can certainly increase our miles/gallon rate.

I think if prices continue to go up, people will definitely start switching to hybrids. If enough people switch, that'll lower the demand on gas so prices might even go down.

Until then, I don't think it's too much to hop on a bike for any drive less than 3-5 miles.
ChunkyBustout
Today, I just paid $2.97 per gallon of gas at an AM/PM. I don't know how much longer I can continue to drive at this rate.

(The local bus isn't too bad! Wink )
xiaarra
well the reason for skyrocketing prices is not due to demand and supply in the case of gas..
sure the demand is always there. but the main reason is due to OPEC--Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries. they fix the price. another reason is due to the iraq crisis.
but in a sense the raise in prices is good. gas is not a renewable resources. it take thousands of years to form gas... so when the price is high people would think of consuing less and making more fuel efficient vehicles.
its time a new source for fuel is found.
we have been hearing about hydrogen cars.. cars which take water and run on hydrogen and emits oxygen... that would be environment friendly.
i agree that the price should be high for gas, but not at the production level. the OPEC countries are amost running a black market. the price should be increased by way of tax in each country.
this way the consumption would be low, no one would make too much money, except the government which ofcourse would benifit each country where the gas is used.
I know this wont go well with anyone, but this is just my dream of an ideal world.
LostOverThere
I dont live in America (See my Location thingo).

I live in Australia.
Electric cars are more expensive to buy, but use only a very small amunt of fuel for start-up.
kingy
$3.0 maybe.....
Ioana
Hello,

was this poll meant only for the USA?

In Spain the ptice is around 1,2 per Litre.
If that information helps anyone Very Happy
Harrowed
In South Australia, it just hit $1.39 (AU) per litre
Around $1.07 (US) per Litre..

$4.06 (US) a gallon here. or $5.26 (AU a gallon)
LostOverThere
Wow!
In Brisbane, we're paying (at the max) $1.20 a litre.
bigdan
LostOverThere wrote:
Wow!
In Brisbane, we're paying (at the max) $1.20 a litre.

Doesn't your state government subsidize your fuel? I know our state government doesn't Mad
Bashur
Yeah...I just spent $70+ filling up my S.U.V.

It's about $3.98 here. I hate life...eerr...I mean my S.U.V.
soilgrain
It's $1.25 a litre here in Brisbane at the moment, and when you deliever pizza for money, theres almost no point in going to work.
johnyfitz
although this post is more than a month old, thought i'd chime in and say over here in northern virginia we're finally creeping down to $2 again, i think in the past week it dropped almost $.20. god i hope it keeps going down.
earthchild
in my neck o' the woods (at one of the cheapest pumps in town) it is at $2.65 (US) a gallon. (dang, I didn't realize that the US has some of the cheapest prices for gas)
ocalhoun
2.95 here.
The price of gas will not go down for a long time, as the oil runs out it will get more and more expensive untill nobody can afford it. Then everyone will use other sources of energy, making gas very cheap.
excel
Philly is at 2.50 for a gallon... Its actually going down pretty fast...

As opposed to 4.00 a couple of months ago
rohis
I live in Poland (in Europe not in Asia haha) and we pay for 1l of gas 4,2pln but in gallons (american gallon 3,785l) it will be... 3,785*4.2pln=about 16pln. 1 dollar costs in poland 3.3pln so 1gallon here (in dollars) costs 4.84$ Rolling Eyes sux!
bao
We're up $3.16 a gallon in our city! Shocked
Kyle Katarn
Cripes y'all, I thought I had it bad. We got up to about 2.95 right after Katrina, but we have since gone down to about 2.10-2.20 a gallon. When it was up there for a while, I just quit going anywhere. I live out in the middle of nowhere, and I work from home, so I just stayed home for about 3 weeks. Seriously, the one time I did fill up, it cost me $90! And my truck goes through a tank (30 gal) in a week, just going to town once a day!! I live in South Carolina, in case your interested.
MrBaseball34
http://www.gasbuddy.com

look up your locale. Sign up and post prices, too.
lilrage
damn yalls gas prices r very high rite now its $2.19 per gallon but diesel is still $2.91 it spisses me off because it costs less to produce diesel then ne other type of gas and with high diesel prices makes it more expensive 2 transport gas which makes the gas prices rise they are dirctly connected which causes big problems
Tom7
its around $0.95 Aussie dollars/litre. its a good price because the QLD government subsidises some.
shr3dd
It's $2.04 at the WaWa down the street. It's been falling for a while.
MrBaseball34
Personally, I think it is a crock that this is happening. I saw a news report that Exxon's last QUARTER revenue was $100 BILLION with a PROFIT of
over $9 BILLION.

With the price of oil going up, why are their profits also going up?
Now tell me there is not a disconnect somewhere.

I also read a report that said that over the last 30 yrs the ratio of the price of a barrell of oil to a gallon of gasline has stayed rather constant.
However, in the last year, that ratio has mor than doubled. The report went on to say that $2.50/gal gas should equal $90/BBL oil.
This report was on the US Government's own website!!

Now, who's getting screwed here???
holadola
The price in Sweden: 11.50 SEK / l. I think that is about $7.3 / gallon..

So stop complaining!
bananaphone
MrBaseball34
holadola wrote:
The price in Sweden: 11.50 SEK / l. I think that is about $7.3 / gallon..

So stop complaining!

Hey, It's not our fault your gas is so expensive, blame your government
and START complaining!!!