FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet Connection....

indianinworld
Do you have a Internet Connection ?
And if YES,
What Connection do you use ? and What is its specified speed and what is the maximum download bandwidth you have experienced seen....

Remember : Even reading this and posting a new article or reply would require Internet Connection Razz

Keep Smiling !!!! Keep Living !!!

romeo123
I use a internet connection.(my neighbors') Its good connection not exellent.they got linksys comcast.
FriBogdan
Hm... my internet provider is RDS (from Romania) and i have a decent connection at a fair price (19 $ per month). With most of the servers/users from Romania i can download/upload with almost 6 MB/s (not simultaneously) and my EXTERN bandwith >> 625 KB/s download and 256 KB/s upload (aka 5 Mb/s and 2 Mb/s) [ remember that 1 B = 8 b... 1 MB = 8 Mb etc...) . Look down for some recent results >>

So... i'm pleased with my connection Smile. Constant speed with almost all servers tested Smile. (RDS fiberlink ... pppoe, dynamic ip)

BTW... for testing i've used Ubuntu 7.10. Every windows version (Vista 32/64, XP 32/64 Professional etc, windows 2k, 98...) doesn't manage internet connections well. If i'm downloading from 30 peers i will most probably reach my max speed (like 6 MB/s) BUT from only ONE server + Windows... never Smile.
On the other hand, Ubuntu (and many other unix like OS) does a great job dealing with bytes send over the internet and the tests made using Romanian servers returned an almost double bandwidth.
I don't know the explanation ... but test this fact. Ubuntu is a live cd... so...
Psycho_X52
Romania, UPC, cable 10mbps (RDS has fiberlink, but not in my town)
I pay about 35$ for Internet connection, phone and cable, but the Internet Connection only costs 15$
Georgeboy
I'm using a DSL connection. It is a 3.3MBit uplink line, not that fast because to long distance between the cabinet and the accesspoint at home. We're still waiting for the roll out of the fiber-to-the-home. I suppose that it will take a couple of years before it will be realised. It is not permitted to add fiber on a lamppost, so all the streets have to be broken up.
goutha
If I don't have an internet connexion, I'll not be writing this message...
ocalhoun
indianinworld wrote:
Do you have a Internet Connection ?

No, I'm posting here using ESP.

Quote:

Hehe, if you edit your profile, you can put that in your sig, so that you don't have to add it manually to every post.
indianinworld
romeo123 wrote:
I use a internet connection.(my neighbors') Its good connection not exellent.they got linksys comcast.

You are the best. If everybody is like you, then most of the Internet Service Providers have to shutdown their companies Wink

Just Kidding buddy....

Keep Smiling - Keep Living

Keep Smiling - Keep Living
unknownc1c
lol i don't know anything about my internet connection, but that did make my laugh cause if anyone was reading it that means they have it :p ..... well actually now that i think about it, you could be using some one else's internet connection so you wouldn't really know what it is or speed or anything.
ninjakannon
unknownc1c wrote:
lol i don't know anything about my internet connection, but that did make my laugh cause if anyone was reading it that means they have it :p ..... well actually now that i think about it, you could be using some one else's internet connection so you wouldn't really know what it is or speed or anything.

Or you could live in a Wi-Fi hotsopt and use that, perhaps only access the internet when around friends houses or maybe you could be limited to internet cafes. Think broadly, and there are countless examples. That goes to goutha especially!

I use Tiscali Broadband and we've recently had an upgrade, that means I'm not too sure of the actual figures. However, I can say that I get up to and sometimes over 250 kb/s if I'm downloading from several sources, but generally less than that from single sources. This is using Windows XP.

Oh, and indianinworld: A note on your grammar; you don't need to put a space between a word and a question mark or exclamation mark. These characters act like full stops but have a different meaning.

Example:
Are you holding it steady?
Don't drop it!

Just trying to teach a bit of grammar. Wink
FriBogdan
Psycho_X52 wrote:
Romania, UPC, cable 10mbps (RDS has fiberlink, but not in my town)
I pay about 35$ for Internet connection, phone and cable, but the Internet Connection only costs 15$

15 $ is the price without TVA (it represents 19% .. so 15$ + 19/100*15 = 19$).

But at this price... 10 Mb.s is excellent Smile
SexySuzy
20 a month here in uk for a 20mb cable line
hlavco
I use my college's internet, hooked up to my dorm room. It's really fast. At home, I have wireless, but for some reason my computer isn't reliable at all with it. My brother's laptop works fine, but mine just doesn't like that particular wireless connection.
mOrpheuS
Please search before starting new threads.

A similar thread already exists - Type of internet connection u have, speed and cost per month

-close-