FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hey :D

Despereaux
Hi, I'm Beccy and I'm from the UK. I think I signed up here quite a while ago and forgot all about it!
Better late than never ;D

I want to use my FriHost Hosting account to host a NextBBS forum. Can anyone tell me if there are any restrictions on what kind of file types can be uploaded? I don't mind extracting the Install package and installing it that way, but I know from previous experience that NextBBS uses some funny file extensions :/

Oh well, even if I can't use NextBBS I think I'll stick around for the hosting package itself; looks fab!
Looking forward to meeting everyone (:
teko
Hi Beccy, welcome to frishost, I dont think their is much restriction on the software you can use especially if its open source, and its developed in php/mysql then it should work here.
Despereaux
Thanks for the welcome Smile It's just that I've tried installing NextBBS on other hosts and I can't get past the installation stage, because some servers have restrictions on files types. I think I'll ask in the 'Php and MySQL' forum, to see if anyone has managed to install it on their website.
teko
check also in the rules section as there is some restrictions on some types of forums such as vbulletin. But good luck with it
nivinjoy
Hi friend welcome to the community...!! Hope you liked the forums...!! Browse around through all the forums and keep on posting more and ore...!!!

Have a nice stay ahead...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing