FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My acount please remove!

Netch7
Hi
Please remove my acount!
Thanks
rvec
you don't have a hosting account so I guess you are talking about your forum account. We don't delete those.
indianinworld
By the way, Just curious - Why do you want to remove your account.

And if you want to remove, why did you join ?? Cool

Keep Smiling !!!! - Keep Living !!!

Education is the manifestation of Perfection already in Man. Religion is the manifiestation of divinity already in man.

~ Swami Vivekananda
garionw
rvec wrote:
We don't delete those.

isn't there some law saying you have to? something like a privacy breach?
rvec
not that I know of.
and we have this in our ToS, I think this covers it:
Quote:
As a user you agree to any information and data you have provided to our website, being stored in our database and grant us an unrestricted and perpetual right to use, change and display all non-private information and data (like posts, avatars and signatures) in any medium and for any purpose. (This of course does not include the files/content on the free hosting accounts we provide.)

If we would delete a useraccount the posts by this user are made by guests with the same name. If we should remove all posts of users who want those to be we'd have strange threads and quotes of non-existing posts.

If the user is ok with just deleting the account and not the posts he could just change his profile info and all his private info would also be gone.
Bondings
We can anonymize an account and more or less remove an account, but only if there is a good reason given for it. Normally accounts don't contain any personal information, so there is no reason to completely remove them.
misterXY
Why not add a option with a security question, a e-mail, & password re-entered if they really do want to delete it?
garionw
misterXY wrote:
Why not add a option with a security question, a e-mail, & password re-entered if they really do want to delete it?

But rather then delete it, just rename the author to Guest or something and reset the password to blank
Bondings
I'll add a form for it. But don't expect it very soon since it's not high priority.
cefodes
I my self I am Cefodes. Now I have my own domain name (www.cefodes.net). So on google or some seach engine, I dont want to see the domain name provided to me by FRIHOST.

I have 0 points and can't even use anymore the domain name provided to me by CEFODES.

Please check with google ; you will see I am talking about although I have just created my own website and bought a domain name !

Please remove all informations on me on this forum.

Thanks a lot !

CEFODES[www.cefodes.net][/url]