You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Managing Firefox search engines

Tony The Tiger
I have been adding many search engines to my firefox search engine drop down box with the Add to Search bar add in. I am wondering if there is any sort of search engine management addin that enables me to use folders for the search engines. For example, I would like to have one folder for news search engines (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Reports, LA Times, San Francisco Chronicle, etc.) one for sports search engines (,, Pro-football reference, Pro-baseball reference, Basketball reference, etc.), one for delivery tracking (Fedex, USPS, UPS, etc.) and so on
I understand you like it like that, but I would rather make a webpage to collect all those search engines. Smile
Tony The Tiger
It seems that you misunderstand my question. In the upper right corener of firefox, there is a drop down menu for search engines. You can magage them by changing their order, but you can not rearrange them by grouping them in a way that shortens the list. What I am looking for is something that makes the search engine plugin management like the bookmark management.
I fully understood your question. Smile Opera has it too. I just don't enjoy adding custom search engines to my browser... Actually the only one I use in my toolbar is Google.

My Opera fellows have some threads about this function, however I don't know how to do it on Firefox.
Tony The Tiger
escritor wrote:
My Opera fellows have some threads about this function, however I don't know how to do it on Firefox.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Opera uses a search engine drop down box system. I am not sure if you are saying it uses a folder system for management of the search engine drop down. It sound like you do not use really use the feature and your friends may use it with some sort of folders.
Yes, I don't use it (as you can see in the search engines list). I took this screenshot for you. It's the screen where people can customize their drop down search: