FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blog for my Client.. NEEDED HELP!!!

georgekalathil
Hi Friends,
I have a US based client and his site is doing pretty well in search engines. Last day the client told me that he needs a blog for further promoting his site. I have a doubt. Is it better to provide a blog associated with his site (blog.sitename.com or sitename.com/blog/) or set up an external blog (hisblog.blogspot dot com or something like that). Please give your suggestions and opinions. Waiting eagerly..
escritor
At least through my browsing, I notice that sitename.com/blog/ is more common in such cases.
Shewolf
I must agree with escritor. But, in cases where the blog's content is more separated from the main site blog.stitename.com is the more common. I think, at least.

Having a blog.wordpress/blogspot.com instead might confuse the visitors. And don't forget that it might be considered "unprofessional", as you already have your own domain and hosting.
escritor
I've found some links that may be useful for you to decide this dilema:

Regardless which one you choose, I wish it to be a successful project. Smile
alalex
Every single time I've had to setup a blog for a client, and even for myself I've decided to go with www.sitename.com/blog/ , bu a subdomain would be just ok...
Personally most of the best blogs out there have their own hosting, it looks professional. People know the site url and many times if they find the blog in search results they'll check the url to see if they know the sitename, and they will if you host it yourself.

Of course if it is managed correctly it shouldn't matter at all where the blog is hosted, but professionally speaking I find more useful to have the main website & blog together in the same domain.
escritor
alalex: remember that it is not a separated project. The aim of their blog will be to promote the site. Smile