FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music?

Luciferdf2
Is it against the TOS to host a mp3 file on frihost? I just want to play a song on my page and i would need to host a mp3 file on the space.
Relentless
From what I know you are not allowed to host other peoples music unless it is your own.

If you created the song and the song or beat is 110% yours then I beleive you can host it.

Why not try reading the TOS

i found this
Section C (HOSTING RULES)

line 5 wrote:
Hosting, linking and content related to warez, mp3's and all other illegal files.

&

Section C (HOSTING RULES)

line 16 wrote:
MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. Some exceptions might be made for self-made music hosted in one directory together with a legal.txt file explaining that the music files are completely legal. A written permission from an administrator is necessary prior to uploading the files. Remixes aren't considered as self-made music. Permission should be asked in the Request an Account Change forum.

Hope I helped.

Why not try freewebs they allow hosing for mp3. but there service is not as good as frihost...
Luciferdf2
i couldnt find the link to TOS...

and yes the music would be remixed by myself...
Relentless
its right at the top of the page... but just in case

http://www.frihost.com/tos.php

And you cannot use remixed music. doesn't class as self constructed music..

Sorry...

Dan..
rvec
if you mean self mixed with those tunes which are free to use then it is allowed. If you mean remixed from an already existing number you need permission from the real maker of the music to make a remix and distribute it.