FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

www.vocabulary.890m.com

What Grade Would You Give It?
A++
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
D
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F--
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

pikachu25
www.vocabulary.890m.com

What do you think of it?
escritor
Its layout need some design. Wink A good start is to add a logo. You can make a nice one in 5 minutes using this service: Web2.0 - Logo Creatr.

Have you created all those pages manually?
ftv_flung
I like it. It could be useful for people who are learning English and also for English people to perhaps learn a little more about their own language. Try adding some CSS to your table.
nivinjoy
A good project i would say about this...!!! Cool Cool

But the site looks so simple..You could have provided some designed layout to the site and could have make it more attractive...!!! So go on now fetch a good looking and attractive template and incorporate into your site...!!!

Best of luck to your project...!!! Keep doing well...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
escritor
ftv_flung wrote:
Try adding some CSS to your table.

Something we learn from that page is: we can't promise anything we haven't started to do yet:

Quote:
This tutorial was written in 2002... it needs to be updated for XHTML standards and I don't have the time but will get to it some day this year... (2006)
pikachu25
escritor wrote:

Yes

The reason I don't add a logo to the space and bandwidth it would take up plus the loading time

So I just Put Vocabulary Online as the logo/name
pikachu25
nivinjoy wrote:

But the site looks so simple..You could have provided some designed layout to the site and could have make it more attractive...!!! So go on now fetch a good looking and attractive template and incorporate into your site...!!!

Have any you suggest?
pikachu25
Does any one know how I could make the seach engire like the one on dictionary.com where when you type in the word it bring you to the page with out you clicking another link

Please Link/Spread To My Site www.vocabulary.890m.com

Code:
<a href="http://www.vocabulary.890m.com">Vocabulary Online</A>

Plus its parter site www.popquiz.890m.com (also made it)

Code:
<a href="http://www.popquiz.890m.com">www.popquiz.890m.com</A>
escritor
pikachu25 wrote:
escritor wrote:

Yes

The reason I don't add a logo to the space and bandwidth it would take up plus the loading time

So I just Put Vocabulary Online as the logo/name

Wow. That's a lot of work. Congratulations. Smile

It's correct to care about loading time, space and so on, but there's no matter in adding a 15KB logo that would load just once.
Ghost Rider103
I also think you need to add a little design to the website, it's kind of bland at the moment.

It's a good concept though, I hope you have great success with it.
pikachu25
escritor wrote:

It's correct to care about loading time, space and so on, but there's no matter in adding a 15KB logo that would load just once.

Would it load every time the pages changes or refreshs

If it did then it would add up

8 words to find a week
2 click to find any word
+ home page
=17*15kb
=255kb just for a logo
+ 51 KB for plain page
=306 KB

3kb (average page size without logo)
* 17 pages
=51 KB

So by add a Image Logo in stead of a Text logo its 255 kb more which adds up because next year

I expect 400 people a week (my school pop going to high school next year) to research those vocabulary words (its a weekly 5 point asignment + 21 point quiz guess why I made these websites Very Happy ) so that make it an extra 102 MB a week+Plain text 20MB= 122MB Bandwidth a week

So I see you point its not that big Very Happy so much for that math

BUT I have to change all 110 pages = 1 hour Sad
And Fomat the Picture to not mess up the pages + 1 hour Sad
And the school computer might block it because it contain an image (killing the reason for making the site) Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
InsanePL
This is good idea but You should do something with graphic to get ppl in, Try to stylize it with CSS and maybe some graphic.
escritor
pikachu25, you are even more stubborn than people who deny climate change. All those 400 people are going to complain about it...
pikachu25
escritor wrote:
pikachu25, you are even more stubborn than people who deny climate change. All those 400 people are going to complain about it...

About What?
pikachu25
InsanePL wrote:
This is good idea but You should do something with graphic to get ppl in, Try to stylize it with CSS and maybe some graphic.

Whats ppl and what so good about css?
escritor
pikachu25 wrote:
About What?

About the lifeless desing of your pages. Sad We want to help you.
pikachu25
OK

I am starting to design logos in a few day I need your guy help to vote the best one
escritor
Of course we will. Smile I'm sure your site will be much more attractive with your logo.

By the way, did you see the link to Web2.0 - Logo Creatr? Wink
Ghost Rider103
You should probably do it in photoshop, it would be more original, and you could make it fit in exactly how you want it.

If you don't know how to use photoshop, well theirs always the marketplace, and some people do it for free just because they want expierence. Like me Very Happy
pikachu25
escritor wrote:

By the way, did you see the link to Web2.0 - Logo Creatr? Wink

Yes but not many choices Sad on that site

Should I put on slogon on logo if so what

The best one I have is

Vocabulary Online
Learn Vocabulary um.. Online?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
GB
No offense, but I think the Logo 2.0 creatr is meant as a joke. If you want your logo to look good and not like everyone else's, do it yourself. It need not be complicated. You could just make the logo the name of the website in your favorite font.

Also, perhaps you could put the logo, the search bar, etc. in some sort of template then reference it with php (or asp if on a windows server). That might cut your bandwidth.

Also, I would add some sort of opening page that tells what the site is all about and maybe a little on how to get the most use out of it.

Quote:
Whats ppl and what so good about css?

ppl is short for people

CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets. It is good because you can define a style for a particular tag (say, for example the <p> tag) and then all the pages linked to that style sheet will format the particular tag with that information. This only scratches the surface of what you can do, though. For more information on CSS and using it, see A List Apart or the W3C schools tutorial.

Good luck on your website!
escritor
Vocabulary online...

• ...vocabulary solves your problems.
  • ...be inspired by these words.
  • ...vocabulary, your way!
escritor
GB, joke or not, that service could do the job. If you want a professional, "intuitive and simple design interface that allows you to create your own free business logo designs in just minutes" free of charge, try the one that I bookmarked yesterday.

I believe he doesn't know PHP nor ASP, he would have done that since the beginning.

I agree about an opening or "about" page. It would be useful. Smile
pikachu25
escritor wrote:
GB, joke or not, that service could do the job. If you want a professional, "intuitive and simple design interface that allows you to create your own free business logo designs in just minutes" free of charge, try the one that I bookmarked yesterday.

I believe he doesn't know PHP nor ASP, he would have done that since the beginning.

I agree about an opening or "about" page. It would be useful. Smile

I you guy finish debating how smart I am (Google my name I win lot of awards Smile ) answer this question

Curvise font or not?

Also what about a about page?
escritor
If you choose a cursive font, it must be legible enough (some look good, but I can't read them well).

Pikachize it.
pikachu25
I love the Pikachizer Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

How did you find it?
escritor
pikachu25 wrote:
How did you find it?

I found it in a blog that posts only funny sites, images and videos. I don't remember its address.