FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

You've been Rick Rolled!

Zombie
Has anyone here been rickrolled lately? In case you've been living under a mousepad for the past year... when someone "rick rolls" you, they pretend to send you some kind of interesting link when in fact they direct them to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU or http://www.yougotrickrolled.com.

Or better yet have you rickrolled anyone?
missdixy
ugh yes. i think google did it to me on april fool's? it may have been another search engine. anyway, ANNOYING.
Nameless
I have been rickrolled several times, but have finally reached the point where I can instantly recognise most rickroll urls and avoid them - plus I tend to be very cautious clicking ANY links by known 'rollers.

I rickrolled a small machinima forum ... after spending a significant amount of time putting together the beginning of a fan video from cut up clips of other episodes, that cut to the song about 45 seconds in. Excessive? Perhaps, but the world needs more creative rickrolls rather than just "Oh, check out this awesome video, huh huh." Rolling Eyes That's annoying.
Jaan
Digg.com is heaven for rickrolling.

They even Rickroll'd the Mets xD
KingPuff
Never been Rickrolled, but someone did show me the video thing.
SpellcasterDX
Yes, I've been rickroll'd, on IGN's Vesti. Only a couple of times though. After those first 2 times, I managed to recognize the links and/or suspicious topic/sentence structure.
missdixy
Nameless wrote:
I"Oh, check out this awesome video, huh huh." Rolling Eyes That's annoying.

Oh my! Surprised haha. Annoying indeed.
yay this is my #500 post.
Stevezorr
Nameless wrote:
I have been rickrolled several times, but have finally reached the point where I can instantly recognise most rickroll urls and avoid them - plus I tend to be very cautious clicking ANY links by known 'rollers.

I rickrolled a small machinima forum ... after spending a significant amount of time putting together the beginning of a fan video from cut up clips of other episodes, that cut to the song about 45 seconds in. Excessive? Perhaps, but the world needs more creative rickrolls rather than just "Oh, check out this awesome video, huh huh." Rolling Eyes That's annoying.

Tricky like a screamer.

I myself haven't been Rickrolled involuntarily since the day I discovered it (August?).
rightclickscott
I buddy of mine is an expert rick'roller. He created his own proxy server just to rick'roll one guy. If you talk to him online, you will get rick'rolled.

Also, Never Gonna Give You Up is going to be on my cover album.
Magicman
YouTube did that on April Fools Day. Practically every link on the homepage linked to that video. I haven't encountered RickRolling anywhere else.
Peterssidan
I have opened a link to that song many times. I think it all started before google had it as a april fool. I have never "rickrolled" anybody. The song isn't bad so it's not very anoying. I have often though if he had other songs that are good bt never check it up.
saratdear
I have been rickrolled around 3 or 4 times, and on the April Fool's day. But I haven't been able to pull that one on anyone else. Laughing

It's not that that song is annoying. Most of the sites which display that video first randomly resize the window, causing it to jump around the screen. If you try to close the window, an extremely annoying small popup window comes which displays the lyrics. And it won't go away till you click through all of them, or...Ctrl Alt Del.
Jaan
I actually like the song too...
Donutey
I had the unique experience of being doom rick rolled before being traditionally rick rolled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aJjMOy-Ops

I'd almost hazard a guess that this is funnier than the original, because it is probably more unexpected.
Da Rossa
No I haven't. Just read in here about it and it appears to be something very nonsense Sad
standready
Nope, never have.
Arnie
I rickrolled Frihost's IRC channel (at 17:49:19) but they didn't like it so much.
carlospro7
I've been rickrolled once, and I wasn't very amused... I don't like the song. Embarassed It annoys the hell out of me.
Rickrolling was courtesy of woot with something about the batman preview i think.
achowles
Yeah, I've been Rick Rolled a couple of times. I also noticed what youtube did on April fools, but I knew about that beforehand so I suppose that doesn't count.
coolclay
I must say this is the first I have ever heard of this "phenomenon". Whether that means I've been living under my mouse pad, or I actually have a life is debatable but either way I think its about the dumbest thing to add to all the other overtly stupid internet fads.

I don't know what people find so amusing about Rick Astley, I think he rocks.
Zombie
very cool dixie... be sure to tell the cashiers at walmart that you're a senior now... i think there's a discount
ZectorMS
I hate that. Im reading a important thing. I click link then rick roll shows up. I do laugh sumtimes.
yupeng
I don't know the exact meaning of RICKROLL,i searched on google ,and know that rick roll is a kind of misleading link for people.
I think that most of us who crawling on the web often,may meet with Rickrolling.
Razz
Arnie
Quote:
[13:13:32] <Arnie|> hey Yaron, you found a way to watch that nova thing yet?
[13:13:37] <Arnie|> if not, it's on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
[13:14:24] <Yaron> ah thx
[13:14:39] <Yaron> :|
hlavco
I get Rickrolled a lot. Of course I did on April Fool's Day, but other places as well. Some people seem to *really* hate it. I don't mind, it's a funny idea and a catchy tune. The Mets thing was the best, and I say that as a Mets fan.
bigdan
I only had that happen to me once. I told the idiot off. Razz
datter
I got rickrolled for the first time a couple of days ago. It was a good one, and I won't spoil it in case anyone else comes across it. I'd rather you all have to suffer the Astley as I did.
HamsterMan
Yeah, many times.

http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com (Seriously, not a rickroll)
DjMilez
I don't even think that's the WORST meme that origonated from 4chan.

There is mudkips and DO NOT WANT.

But rickrolling is like awesome.
endless
never been rickrolled ._.

but i rickrolled everyone on my msn list ._.
Aless
Oh yeah! There was even a newspaper article on it the other week.
brokenadvice
Man, every time I click on one accidentally I can't help but dance along. Sometimes I even click on a link even though I know it is a rickroll. Good old Rick Astly. I do not like the Tay Zonday version though. I think his eyes are really creepy. I hope people don't start posting that one now.
Zombie
Aless wrote:
Oh yeah! There was even a newspaper article on it the other week.

seriously? Haha, I wonder how rick feels about all this...