FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with NAVICAT 8 for mysql

bukaida
I am using navicat 8 for mysql to convert a table originaly written in EXCEL. The Excel data contains some superscript and subscript data which when displayed back by php in a html page, coming side by side instead of one over/under other.The mysql database, table and php as well as html has UTF-8 support enabled.Everything is fine except this issue.What may be the problem?
Agent ME
I don't think fonts and other style settings are supported in most databases like that.
rvec
I think you'd have to put style tags around it (<sub>/<sup>) or tags which you define in the css file (vertical-align: sub/sup;).
bukaida
The problem is that all the text is not in superscript subscript format.Some are plane text too.
fyzika
bukaida wrote:
I am using navicat 8 for mysql to convert a table originaly written in EXCEL. The Excel data contains some superscript and subscript data which when displayed back by php in a html page, coming side by side instead of one over/under other.The mysql database, table and php as well as html has UTF-8 support enabled.Everything is fine except this issue.What may be the problem?

The problem is probably in your hosting server (I had this problem due to mysql version).
fyzika
fyzika wrote:
bukaida wrote:

The problem is probably in your hosting server (I had this problem due to mysql version).

Or try force setting of charset table.