FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can someone help me please

bikermwtp
ok well im starting to become a DJ and im using windows vista ultimate and Virtual DJ and i have a special DJ controller that i plug into my computer to control it and after install the controller it acts like i never pluged it in or installed anyrthing i tried resetting a new copy of vista on my computer but nothing and iv tried this controller on other windows vista computers and it works perfect any sujeestion if so reply back on this or email lewislgm@hotmail.com thanks if anyone can help
Craeft
bikermwtp wrote:
ok well im starting to become a DJ and im using windows vista ultimate and Virtual DJ and i have a special DJ controller that i plug into my computer to control it and after install the controller it acts like i never pluged it in or installed anyrthing i tried resetting a new copy of vista on my computer but nothing and iv tried this controller on other windows vista computers and it works perfect any sujeestion if so reply back on this or email lewislgm@hotmail.com thanks if anyone can help

I want you to know that my response HONESTLY is not being snarky or "elitest"....

Upgrade to Windows XP 64-bit. You will love yourself for it. I do theatre lighting design, so I can relate to the need for good entertainment software.
jwellsy
Did you plug in the controller first then installed the software?
Several pieces of hardware don't like that.
If you did it that way, unplug the controller and uninstall the software.
Reinstall the software first, then plug in the controller.
Kaze_Mitoki
I honestly have no experiance with Windows Vista, so this could be completely irrelivant, but it's happened to me before.

Do what the poster above me suggested first. if you still have problems, then check to see if that piece of hardware (or its software) is conflicting with anything on your system. The Vista systems you checked your controller on might not have had some random piece of software that you have on your particular system.

Again, I have no experiance with Vista at all. I've used Windows 3.1 to Windows XP, but not Vista yet. My response is based on my experiance with Windows XP.
cvkien
ok, that easy. if you saying so, that mean that is not the vista problem but it might be your hardware problem. if not mistaken, normally this kind of devices are using USB port. so, did you use any usb extension cable? such as usb hub? if you are using usb hub, then try to connect the device direct to your computer.
Bones
cvkien wrote:
ok, that easy. if you saying so, that mean that is not the vista problem but it might be your hardware problem.

Agreed, this sounds like a hardware problem, we've established that the controller works with vista on a different pc, and have reinstalled the OS on this PC. The only thing that has not been changed is the hardware in your pc, does your motherboard require it's own USB drivers

(Yes I am well aware that USB drivers come with Windows, but I am also aware that they do not work with all motherboards, like my MSI board for instance)

But the problem really almost has to be in your pc at this point. I would start with manufacturer's motherboard drivers like chipset drivers, or enhanced USB drivers. Or even something much easier like trying a different USB port (and no not the one right next to it as they will be using the same USB root hub)

good luck!