FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The best tourist destanation is boracay in the philippines?

airh3ad
7.101 island , One of the beutiful island of the philippines is boracay i believe this the best tourist destanation in asia and philippines Boracay is a tropical island located approximately 315km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. Famous for its powdery white sand and crystal waters, it is a popular tourist destination especially during the summer and December holidays. ..maybe this weekend my family will go there ...
genchan
Interesting. I have not heard of Boracay. Sadly, I have never been to the Philippines. I hope to visit the country one day. I have heard of Cebu and that it is a nice resort place.

There are many tropical islands in Asia. Many promote themselves as the best place but some are facing problems such as maintaining clear blue water due to pollution and man-made environmental disasters that come with development.

I wonder if there are certain criterias that need to be fulfilled in being listed as a must-visit tropical resort island Smile
airh3ad
Well philippines is the best destanation in asia in terms of beutiful beaches other spots like elnido it has Beautiful island portion with two white sand beach area. Few minutes from mainland and it has flat & hill portion. Very ideal for future resort development and vacation home this just only a one of the beutiful island.
thejam
Borocay is Wicked! Only problem is the big expension. Its getting really famous now, and that attracks too many tourists. Like 20 years ago this place was only accesible by simple motorboat . The charm of that is completely gone. If you want to go for easy hlidays Boracay is the place to be, if you look for a bit of adventure..you missed the boat.
airh3ad
Bora bora is the best place to summer gate away..
reiika101
yes, boracay is a nice place to visit. Palawan is also a good place, although I haven't been there before. Crying or Very sad
sketteksalfa
I surely agree with you guys, Boracay is the place to be when travelling in the Philiippines. You dont need to stay on expensive resorts or hotels, theres a lot of there offering in lower costs. The beach is so enticing that you will thought of coming back again on your next vacation.
Solon_Poledourus
I've seen islands for sale in the Philippines for decent prices. I'm tempted to sell everything I own and buy one and just go off the grid.
Welcome to the Benevolent Dictatorship of Solonica!
deanhills
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
I've seen islands for sale in the Philippines for decent prices. I'm tempted to sell everything I own and buy one and just go off the grid.
Welcome to the Benevolent Dictatorship of Solonica!
You've just put my own dream in words. I've always talked about owning an Island. I did not realize they had islands for sale though in Philippines. How much are they selling for? Smile
Solon_Poledourus
I've seen them as cheap as $350,000 for a 30 acre island(some cheaper), all the way up to $8million or more. So there's something for almost everyone.
Check out this link. It is one of a few sites that has info and pictures of islands for sale all around the world. There's one off the coast of New Zealand that I really want, but it's more than I can afford. Though Cage Island in the Philippines is only $350,000... it's 30 acres. I was thinking of getting a small group of people together and buying something like that, and basically forming a private society. Private islands are still subject to the laws of the nations whos borders they are in, but you definately have alot more freedom than living on the mainland, especially in a city.
deanhills
Solon_Poledourus wrote:
I've seen them as cheap as $350,000 for a 30 acre island(some cheaper), all the way up to $8million or more. So there's something for almost everyone.
Check out this link. It is one of a few sites that has info and pictures of islands for sale all around the world. There's one off the coast of New Zealand that I really want, but it's more than I can afford. Though Cage Island in the Philippines is only $350,000... it's 30 acres. I was thinking of getting a small group of people together and buying something like that, and basically forming a private society. Private islands are still subject to the laws of the nations whos borders they are in, but you definately have alot more freedom than living on the mainland, especially in a city.
Thanks for the link. Definitely interesting, one can even rent an island. I did some searches on those, sounds like a good holiday to have for a group of people:
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islandsforrent.htm
tingkagol
airh3ad wrote:
7.101 island , One of the beutiful island of the philippines is boracay i believe this the best tourist destanation in asia and philippines Boracay is a tropical island located approximately 315km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. Famous for its powdery white sand and crystal waters, it is a popular tourist destination especially during the summer and December holidays. ..maybe this weekend my family will go there ...

I always thought you were Indonesian/Malaysian.

genchan wrote:
Interesting. I have not heard of Boracay. Sadly, I have never been to the Philippines. I hope to visit the country one day. I have heard of Cebu and that it is a nice resort place.

I live in Cebu. And yes, it has a few island paradises of its own. Stay away from Mactan unless you want extremely commercialized vacationing.

If you want nice vacation spots in Cebu, check the following out on google:
- Bantayan Island
- Moalboal
- Camotes Island
- Siquijor Island

My latest foray into the beaches was in Malapascua Island. Here are some of the photos we took.

...and about Boracay? It's great, but it's getting a bit too crowded nowadays.

solon... wrote:
Private islands are still subject to the laws of the nations whos borders they are in, but you definately have alot more freedom than living on the mainland, especially in a city.

I wonder what you meant by "alot more freedom" unless you want to farm marijuana and smoke it all day long. hehe
Solon_Poledourus
tingkagol wrote:
I wonder what you meant by "alot more freedom" unless you want to farm marijuana and smoke it all day long. hehe
I suppose you could do that, providing marijuana is legal in the country that encompasses your island. What I was really getting at, was freedom from crowded cities, crime, vehicle traffic, noise, etc.
mikeperhem1
Yes i also heart about that The Boracay is the best tourist destination in the Philippines but there are another awesome place to see that are:
Tubbataha Reef
San Agustin Church, Manila
Mayon Volcano
Malapascua Island
Puerto Galera