FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are they ever going to release White Knight Story?

Ghengis
Wikipedia has White Knight Story (now listed as White Knight Chronicles?) listed as "TBD 2008" for the release date, and IIRC it was talked up as one of the big platform movers back when the PS3 first came out. I got all pumped back then, but barely a word has been breathed on it since then. WTF? It looked so awesome, then *poof* it vanished from the face of the Earth.
Kelcey
It fell into obscurity not too long after TGS. I'm sure it'll resurface sometime. PS3 games are having serious problems getting completed.
Ghengis
I guess that's true. In my "real life" job, I'm a programmer, and I know only too well how reluctant people seem to be to learn good multithreading practices. It's no wonder people can't figure out how to use Cell correctly...
misterXY
Ahh... well theres alot of games that don't make it out either man. It's saddening really, if it doesn't go well on a console, release it on the web under a CC so no one can ruin it (big companies), and let the middle man take the ideas and make them better, in my view theres a HUGE open-source community and it's getting bigger by the day. Free and editable is the best Smile
Ghengis
Why would you bring up open source in a discussion about a AAA multi-million dollar development by a major corporation that spans multiple years? There has absolutely never been an open-source game development effort anywhere near this scale.