FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ecommerce

statusfashions
Hi,
When I had applied for this webhosting I had little or no knowledge about php and cgi. I wanted To create an ecommerce site and had created all pages using HTML . All i needed was a shopping cart and I registered for emall.
After registering with frihost for the first time I came across Fantastico and man!!! It stays by its name just FANTASTIC!!!!!
While checking with all scripts I also checked the ecommerce programs it offers.
Believe me I Thought All Those Programs Would Cost Me Big Bucks!!! Even If you try searching For Shopping Cart in google all result you will get are of paid shopping cart script. Then I tried the listed Ecommerce scripts:

1. Oscommerce: This was the first free shopping cart I had tried. All went well till I faced the problem that users were not able to create an account .
site name: http://statusfashions.frihost.net/shop1
Till Date I am trying To find solution for the same but I cant .I raised this question several times in forum but still no reply

2.zen cart : No PHP Knowledge required . Result 100 % upto Expectation.
Really I really loved this software. Right Now My Shop Runs On zen cart.
The Only problem is the apperance ( Same Was the case with Oscommerce THough ) It is very dull kind of thing. I would rather prefer a lively appearance . The support Forum here too is very lazy. but still it is much simpler than oscommerce in my view!!!
www.statusfashions.tk

I would request fellow members to kindly contribute their experience with their software used.

[/code]
Lilystock
Hi,

I'm going to do my warehouse sale website and my secret-project with zen-cart...

How is it going ? Would you recommend it or have you found better ?

Thanks
k_s_baskar
statusfashions wrote:
Hi,

1. Oscommerce: This was the first free shopping cart I had tried. All went well till I faced the problem that users were not able to create an account .
site name: http://statusfashions.frihost.net/shop1
Till Date I am trying To find solution for the same but I cant .I raised this question several times in forum but still no reply

Oscommerce is the best free shopping cart and suitable for many ecommerce venture. Your problem may be due permission to folder/file. Use CHMOD command and change the permission as mentioned in the manual. if you are new please don't try any pathches avail in oscommerce contribution section.
raver
hey statusfashion...if you want i can modify the look and feel of you zen e-cart.....it will only cost you a few Frih$ ..if you are interested PM me Smile