FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

American Airlines Cancels over 500 Flights on Friday

indianinworld
American Airlines cancelled 570 flights that was scheduled to RUN on Friday. The cancellation of flights will cost the American Airlines around tens of millions of dollars.

CEO of American Airlines Arpey, told reporters that neither the airline's mechanics nor the Federal Aviation Administration were to blame for the more than 3,000 canceled flights so far this week. He also said that the disruption of flight services will continue till Saturday. But the figures may be less.

Meanwhile, American Airlines got some good news on Wall Street. Shares of parent AMR Corp., which fell 11 percent the day before, rose 70 cents, or 7.6 percent, to $9.87 Thursday.

It is all in the game guyz.... American Airlines dont want to lose their market and business in this competetive market and also THEY DONT WANT TO LOSE THIER EXISTING REPUTATION that they have now. So, they are minding about the loses. Just the future business stays on their eyes as a priority.

Keep Smiling !!!! Keep Living !!!!
liljp617
Not being in the terminal, my opinion may be biased. Personally I would rather wait a while to make sure my plane could land rather than get on a faulty plane and take the risk of a crash just because I was impatient. I can understand people's frustrations and complaints...but I take it those people like living, so they should hush down and be patient lol
Vrythramax
The thing that gets me with this is the actual reason the grounded all those flights, it wasn't due to anything mechanical, or really even a wiring issue....it was because the plastic connectors they use to keep bundles of wires together were supposed to be placed 1 inch apart and not all of them were exactly one inch...some were more some were less. The wiring was still intact and uneffected by the spacing.
indianinworld
Quote:
"Vrythramax"]The thing that gets me with this is the actual reason the grounded all those flights, it wasn't due to anything mechanical, or really even a wiring issue....it was because the plastic connectors they use to keep bundles of wires together were supposed to be placed 1 inch apart and not all of them were exactly one inch...some were more some were less. The wiring was still intact and uneffected by the spacing.

All to be with respect to the auditing rules Smile
j_f_k
sounds really trivial but then watch air crash investigation and you'd be amazed how many planes come down because of some 'minor' technical problems. i#m with liljp617 id rather endure the chaos in airport terminal than have to fight off the sharks in the middle of the atlantic...