FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rules Question

MaxStirner
Vrythramax wrote:
... forum type games are not allowed. ...

What does this mean? Could you define "forum type games" or point me to the apposite rule so I won't inadvertently reapeat this mistake? Thank you.
Link to to closed thread
... any why was this not a "forum-type game? ...
Post in the Movies and Television section.
rvec
that second one is also a forum-game. But the rule was actually made for games like a story where everyone said 3 words, or say the opposite, things like that. More info about those here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_game

The questions you made could be posted in the contest forum. And normally there's a price in frih$ for solving the problem, but that's not needed.
nivinjoy
I think forum type games refers to the games which are to be hosted in phpbb and which needs scripting,and with variation in the database tables...The game which you wrote in the forum was a post based game..So i think it cannot be called as a forum type game.....

I think this is the one...!!! It's just my thought...I may be wrong or correct...I don't have any promise that this is correct...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
rvec
it isn't, it has nothing to do with database or scripts.
See the wikipedia article I posted above.
MaxStirner
Tyvm for the response. I've read through the Wiki article and will delete all my posts to topics such as ...

• "what are you listening to [/watching/doing/reading ...]"
  • "what did you enjoy ..."
  • "what is your favorite ..."
  • "which do you prefer ..."
  • "who would win if ..."
  • (and similar)
... asap, including:

I've seen a number of comparable posts which would also qualify under this rule and I will make sure to report them from now on.

Apologies and many thanks
Max
nivinjoy
Now i understood what it is...!! Thank you very much for explaining the term...

Thank You.... Laughing Cool Laughing

By the way i would like to ask you a question..Though it is not related to the above one,i am just asking...

When i posted my post,i was the first one to reply to the topic...But now i see that my post has become the second one..Is it because of your Moderator privilages Mr.rvec..??And also the time of posting of both of us is the same as 7:48 pm...!!! Any way how is it...??? Laughing Cool Laughing
rvec
no I was just a little bit faster Smile
No need to delete your posts yourself. And most of those topics make it a bit easier to start for new users. If we'd have serious topics only it would be a lot harder to get started with posting here.
tidruG
MaxStirner wrote:
Tyvm for the response. I've read through the Wiki article and will delete all my posts to topics such as ...

• "what are you listening to [/watching/doing/reading ...]"
  • "what did you enjoy ..."
  • "what is your favorite ..."
  • "which do you prefer ..."
  • "who would win if ..."
  • (and similar)
... asap, including:

I've seen a number of comparable posts which would also qualify under this rule and I will make sure to report them from now on.

Apologies and many thanks
Max

YOu needn't delete your posts, mate.
You can go ahead and take part in those threads, they're perfectly ok. The games we discourage are other type of games. Generally, if we find that some forum games have been started that are against the rules, we close the entire thread and let the thread-starter know. Generally, the people who post replies are not really in trouble, so you needn't get worried.