FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Desktop Contest - please review!

hrtorrent
Here's my new website:

www.desktopcontest.net

This is competition site for best computer desktop. Members can upload their desktop screenshots. All visitors can rate this pictures. Contest ends 31.12.2008. and prize goes to one, best rated desktop.

Prize is not fixed. It starts with 10$ and raise with site ads income. All ads, sponsor and donations income will be included into final prize.

Please, review my site. I'm open for any suggestion.
coreymanshack
hrtorrent wrote:
Here's my new website:

www.desktopcontest.net

This is competition site for best computer desktop. Members can upload their desktop screenshots. All visitors can rate this pictures. Contest ends 31.12.2008. and prize goes to one, best rated desktop.

Prize is not fixed. It starts with 10$ and raise with site ads income. All ads, sponsor and donations income will be included into final prize.

Please, review my site. I'm open for any suggestion.

Very nice and well planned out. You should stay awake 24/7 trying to advertise that.
hrtorrent
coreymanshack wrote:
You should stay awake 24/7 trying to advertise that.

Why do you think so?
boldstance
sounds cool
nivinjoy
hrtorrent wrote:
coreymanshack wrote:
You should stay awake 24/7 trying to advertise that.

Why do you think so?

So as for you to get more and more users...You must do advertising so that many will come to know about this venture and post more and more images for your site and thus your site will turn out to be a huge success...

This i feel is a very innovative and excellent idea...Great work..keep it up...Wish you all the best and all the success for the site.... Keep doing well...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
Sphaerenkern
Nice idea. The design looks quite simple, but this is okay since the eyes should focus on the desktops Very Happy
Also, the ad-financed price is great, I hope it will grow bigger Smile
hrtorrent
Thanks for support!
10 users for now, and 8 desktop screenshots...

Rolling Eyes
Warriorcz
Nice work. This is very good idea Smile. I will join and send my desktop screenshot when I will be home and I will inform my friends.

And desing of this page is pleasant for my eyes. It's simple and light and that is what I prefer.

So keep working and good luck.
hrtorrent
Many thanks for comments!
Today I open new category. Users can now upload EURO 2008 theme desktops.
thewebkid
I like your website and the concept. I think though on the home page you may want people to know exactly what your doing and a prime example of it. Add some more text about the contest and add a midsize desktop image displaying that. Just some small suggestions.
irishmark
top images link doesnt produce a page with thumbnails which is irritating otherwise nice design ad site
hrtorrent
irishmark wrote:
top images link doesnt produce a page with thumbnails which is irritating otherwise nice design ad site

That's right!
I will correct this soon. Thanks for this valuable comment!