FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

CSS Naked Day

escritor
I wish a happy CSS Naked Day to all webdesigners who care about W3C standards, accessibility, semantic markup and content quality. Dancing

Quote:
The idea behind this event is to promote Web Standards. Plain and simple. This includes proper use of (x)html, semantic markup, a good hierarchy structure, and of course, a good 'ol play on words. It's time to show off your <body>.

Learn more about the date and see a list of sites that participate here: CSS Naked Day .

PS: If you don't know why we appreciate such things, check it out. It's a good start line: Why tables for layout is stupid. Smile
Arnie
OMG, not that website again.

Anyway... my website looks that "naked" all the time. Not just on one day.
cavey
The point of this is not to look naked - but to look great naked! The reason your website should look great naked, is because some are seeing your website naked - everyday. This is a day to remind you to check if your semantics (or lack of...) need some "extreme makeover".
Arnie
Yeah, but the people that choose to use links are usually not interested in sites that aren't designed to look good in it. There is a certain correlation between the links-friendliness and intended audience of websites.
escritor
Arnie wrote:
OMG, not that website again.

If you don't like it, I can quote more detailed sources, like WebAIM. Smile
Shewolf
I did not learn about this day until the day before, so I was not really able to participate. But next year I will Very Happy
escritor
Same here, Shewolf. Very Happy I was browsing a site and noticed it was CSS-less... Later on I found one more site like that. I thought it was an error, then I noticed the author's note about that day. Smile

Let's join it in 2009. Smile
Relentless
Ha my site looks better without stylesheets lol

Firefox users = View - Page style - No Style.

Laughing
escritor
Really? Very Happy So you must have used semantic markup (and have a bad design :p ). Smile
zjosie729
If browsers had better default layouts, I would do it.
NewAgeDesigns
Question Can someone explain this day to me? I would like to participate..sounds like everyone jus strips their site down to just text or something. Im confused?! Sad
Bengt
pretty nice idea Smile
cavey
When you make a webpage, it is content (marked with html-code) and layout (CSS - usually in an file).
There is no guarantee that your visitor browser can use your layout. Therefore you should check how your site looks like "naked" (without the layout). The ones participating in CSS naked day, want's to show the world that their site works both with and without their layout, and inspire other to make their sites compatible with all browsers - including mobilephones etc.