FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What websites do you want to see more of?

Diablosblizz
I'm wondering what users, like yourself, want to see more of what website? For example, I want to see more big search engines other than Google. I'm particularly bored and am willing to start a new project if somebody is willing to give me a few ideas! So, what do you want to see more of on the 'net? Is it games? HTML / PHP coding help? Computer Information? Whatever it is, please post it!

Kind regards.

Please note: Please be reasonable, don't say something like a search engine that may bring a lot of traffic, this website will be hosted on Frihost.
ftv_flung
AJAX is pretty cool.

It's being used on some of the most popular sites like Facebook, and also in GMail.

Of course there are others, but I can't think of them right now XD

But you'll want something that is to the point, doesn't waste users time etc. (you get where this is going)
Diablosblizz
Are you recommending this programming language? I was wondering on which type of sites people want to see more of. Thank you for your interest though.
ftv_flung
Well... there seem to be a lot of communities out on the net.. so people really like that. New sites need something that will grab people's attention and somehow make them join their community because it's superior to others in some way.

I agree with what you're saying about how Google could be too dominating and how some competition is healthy.. There are other search sites of course though!

To name a few, Live.com, MSN, Ask, Yahoo!, AOL etc. etc.

As you're planning on starting a project. Think about what YOU want from it... try and think about what is missing.. I know you're asking us haha but try competing with another website maybe? haha
Diablosblizz
I had the idea of starting a small CMS software. I was thinking of naming it easyCMS, but as it turns out it seems to already be taken. I am thinking of using SmallCMS now, and it doesn't seem to be taken.

Of course, it won't be much. Just a simple members login with forums and private message system. It won't be good as Joomla or stuff like that. I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead with it, and maybe get some ideas from others?

Kind regards.
FunDa
Diablosblizz wrote:
I had the idea of starting a small CMS software. I was thinking of naming it easyCMS, but as it turns out it seems to already be taken. I am thinking of using SmallCMS now, and it doesn't seem to be taken.

Of course, it won't be much. Just a simple members login with forums and private message system. It won't be good as Joomla or stuff like that. I am pretty sure I am going to go ahead with it, and maybe get some ideas from others?

Kind regards.

That's absolutely cool. What language are you going to use ? PHP I suppose. I just got a little exposure to PHP but did not get enough time to learn it, maybe once I learn PHP, i can start making good PHP software like you are doing ... Smile
Diablosblizz
Thank you. Yes the software will be coded in PHP and some Javascript for some "good looking." It won't have any templates, only a simple one which will be simple to change. I am thinking about language packs, but I am unsure on how to use them. PHP is very very easy to learn, and once you understand it you will be able to do wonders. Of course, PHP isn't the only best coding language out there.

Anyways, keep on trying!
pikachu25
HTML/CSS/PHP Help Line Wink (PLEASE)

Or a free script/code/program site would be cool