FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

YoYo Games - Share, make and play games!!!

Boffel
Hi all, I just made this topic because I want everyone to know about the really cool site called: www.yoyogames.com

This is a website with lots of "home made" games, and all games made with a cool program called gamemaker.

I have been using the program for 3 years myself, and I really like it.

What you can do:

You can play others game in an instant player, or you can download the games (Some are very professional) then rate and comment it.

You can make games easily with the free gamemaker program, and share your games on YoYo games.

Join a contest (best game) and win 1000$!

Now gamemaker and gamemaker-games only is for windows, but about a month or less the beta version for Macintosh will be out!

So what do you think about yoyo games? You can also test my snake game here: http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/31121
escritor
Can I make a quiz game with it? If so, please post some tutorial link. Smile
vonboy
i used that program about 3 years ago, back when mark overmars was still working on it, and he wasn't charging you money to unlock advanced functions and stuff.

and escritor, you prbably could, i've seen them made with this program. i don't know where a tutorial for it is though, so you'll just have to find something.

i realy like game maker, because it simplifies game devolopement (you can only go so far though, it's still hard for a noob to learn.) i see it mostly as a program to help you get acuainted with game development, yet it allows you to make pretty impressive games as well, my only real gripe about the program is that it's very slow compares to more complicated coding languages, so you can't really make 3d games (you can, but it can only handle like 1000 polygons at once because it's so slow at drawing them)

so i guess you sacrifice speed for ease of use.
escritor
Thank you. Smile I'll try to find that tutorial.
LostOverThere
You can easily make quiz games, good luck.

Yoyogames is alright, though the competitions they throw are pretty swell.
mikeroi
GameMaker is a really good program.
mikeroi
" i used that program about 3 years ago, back when mark overmars was still working on it, and he wasn't charging you money to unlock advanced functions and stuff.

and escritor, you prbably could, i've seen them made with this program. i don't know where a tutorial for it is though, so you'll just have to find something.

i realy like game maker, because it simplifies game devolopement (you can only go so far though, it's still hard for a noob to learn.) i see it mostly as a program to help you get acuainted with game development, yet it allows you to make pretty impressive games as well, my only real gripe about the program is that it's very slow compares to more complicated coding languages, so you can't really make 3d games (you can, but it can only handle like 1000 polygons at once because it's so slow at drawing them)

so i guess you sacrifice speed for ease of use. "

Agreed, Its so fun to make platformers.
wombatrpgs
I've never really enjoyed using GameMaker... I guess that's because I've never enjoyed the usual style of platformer and generic game that come out of it. Of course, there are plenty of very professional games about that aren't generic, but... eh, I've always used RPGmaker... Found it to be of a slightly higher quality.