FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

simple poll for users

ftv_flung
I'm looking for a script or some way to make a polling script on my site so that users that are logged in can vote only once, then see the results. When they come back to the same page, it still displays the results.

Something like that really.

Thanks in advance Smile
rvec
Do you want to build it yourself or do you want an already built one (probably with a link to the maker)?

And do you want to support multiple polls or just one? An archive? Ability to deactivate voting and just always show results?
ftv_flung
rvec wrote:
Do you want to build it yourself or do you want an already built one (probably with a link to the maker)?

And do you want to support multiple polls or just one? An archive? Ability to deactivate voting and just always show results?

I guess I don't mind following a tutorial... but I also don't mind having an already built one (as long as I can play around with it to fit with my site)

It'll probably be one poll at a time, and with an archive, and the deactivating of voting to just display results (especially after a user has already voted)

If anyone can help (/me find something) that'd be great!
rvec
here's a long list of them
If you need any help modifying or making one just post here.
ftv_flung
Hmm.... I'm not sure how I can customise those polls to suit what I'm after....

What I've just done on my site is set some PHP IF statements that are linked to my user database..

There's a row called "voted" - 1=yes, 0=no (have they voted yet?) - no is default

So on the page with the poll it says

Code:

$voted = $row[voted];

if ($voted== 0)
{
$voted = "Show the question!";
}
if ($voted == 1)
{
$voted = "Show the results!";
}

echo $voted;
}

And I want to have it so that when the user actually votes and hits the Vote button, it runs some PHP code to UPDATE the "voted" row to 1 (I know how to do that..)..

It's just getting the voting part together to work with what I want to do...