FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


YOUR Bucket List





dac_nip
I got this idea from the movie Bucket List by Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Well, the condition is you only have "6 months to live, 1 year if your lucky". Given that you have unlimited resources, what are the things that you would do? or what would be in your "Bucket List"? Very Happy
blackheart
I'd get pregnant.
dac_nip
why, what age are you now? i thought of that too, getting a son. what's the reason? to continue your lineage?
Blarg
I'd participate in numerous prestigious international running marathon's and traverse the Pyranees. Smile
Nameless
1. Write a bucket list.

(Hahaha, such ensuing hilarity, what.)
blackheart
dac_nip wrote:
why, what age are you now? i thought of that too, getting a son. what's the reason? to continue your lineage?


I'm only 17, but more than a career and all the travelling in the world I want to have kids before I die. I suppose it's "continuing my lineage", but I'd prefer to think of it as maternal instinct.

The only thing that might stop me with only a year to live would be if my ill health would affect the baby as it's developing, and the fact it'd be hard on the kid not having a mum point blank.

Hmm.

=> Jess
Arnie
Quote:
I'd get pregnant.
Six months to live maybe a year? That'd be quite a gamble...
meet in rio
I would travel. Everywhere. There are loads of countries I'd still love to visit. Assuming, as you say, that I had unlimited resources, I would take as many of my friends with me as would come.
I would take a whole bunch of drugs, drink/eat as much as I pleased, smoke loads etc. seeing as my body would no longer be in it for the long haul.
I would revisit all the places I've lived (there are plenty).
I would look into religion more seriously and urgently than I have currently been doing.
ddoonie
I'm with the last poster, i would travel. I have been trying to live my life fully, so there is not much i can say i neeeed to do. Still have yet to skydive, and run with the bulls (was very close to going, but had to work!)

all comes down to money for how much i would do... I would bring my loved ones on trips

I guess travel sums up most of it
Wolf1918
If I knew for sure I only had 6 months to a year to live and had unlimited funds. I'd want to travel and see as much of my home country, the USA, as I could. With unlimited funds you could do it in total style with one of those big motorhomes, towing a car for when you wanted to park the motorhome and use the smaller vehicle for just seeing the sights or shoppin.

I'd want to see the Florida Keys again. I'd want to go back to Arizona, and I would want to finally take a cruise to Alaska (in the summer) to see the whales.

I'd also want to try some of the different foods I've never had a chance to try. Nothing gross like bugs, just different like conch pizza.

With just a short time to live though the first thing I would have to do is find good homes for my two cats and my parrot since I wouldn't be there to take care of them any longer.

It does bring to mind a Jerry Lewis movie called Hook Line and Sinker, where Jerry's character is told he is dying. His wife encourages him to go and do the things he loves most with the time he has left. In his case, that's deep sea fishing. So he goes, putting it all on his credit cards. He's not going to be around to be forced to pay it, right? Wrong! His wife and doctor are having an affair and they planned the whole thing to get rid of him, knowing he'd be so deep in debt he'd never be able to come home!!!

Chad
dac_nip
Quote:

I'm only 17, but more than a career and all the travelling in the world I want to have kids before I die. I suppose it's "continuing my lineage", but I'd prefer to think of it as maternal instinct.

The only thing that might stop me with only a year to live would be if my ill health would affect the baby as it's developing, and the fact it'd be hard on the kid not having a mum point blank.

Hmm.

=> Jess


you could always try to adopt Very Happy Probably in that way you can still expres your being "a mom".
blackheart
Arnie wrote:
Quote:
I'd get pregnant.
Six months to live maybe a year? That'd be quite a gamble...

Timewise, yes. But I'd use my "unlimited resources" to provide for my better half and the kid in the future.


dac_nip wrote:

you could always try to adopt Very Happy Probably in that way you can still expres your being "a mom".

If I had only a year to live, I wouldn't want to just "borrow" someone else's kid.

The "need" runs deeper than that, and adoption would defeat the purpose of the exercise. I want to feel another human being developing inside of my womb, and know that person will always inherently share a part of me, and the man I love.


=> Jess
Vrythramax
blackheart wrote:
Arnie wrote:
Quote:
I'd get pregnant.
Six months to live maybe a year? That'd be quite a gamble...

Timewise, yes. But I'd use my "unlimited resources" to provide for my better half and the kid in the future.


dac_nip wrote:

you could always try to adopt Very Happy Probably in that way you can still expres your being "a mom".

If I had only a year to live, I wouldn't want to just "borrow" someone else's kid.

The "need" runs deeper than that, and adoption would defeat the purpose of the exercise. I want to feel another human being developing inside of my womb, and know that person will always inherently share a part of me, and the man I love.


=> Jess


I guess with such a limited time we wouldn't be able to practice much Wink

Be that as it may, I'll step up to the plate.....where is Australia anyway?
dac_nip
hahaha..yeah, where in Australia anyway? Very Happy
biljap
I would enjoy every day I have. I would spend as much time as possible with people I love. I would visit places I always wanted to see. I think I would be braver to try and do some things than I am now… I would do anything I can to be happy and relaxed. I wouldn’t allow myself to be close to people who make me feel bad.
missdixy
blackheart wrote:
dac_nip wrote:
why, what age are you now? i thought of that too, getting a son. what's the reason? to continue your lineage?


I'm only 17, but more than a career and all the travelling in the world I want to have kids before I die. I suppose it's "continuing my lineage", but I'd prefer to think of it as maternal instinct.

The only thing that might stop me with only a year to live would be if my ill health would affect the baby as it's developing, and the fact it'd be hard on the kid not having a mum point blank.

Hmm.

=> Jess


You could get pregnant and give it up for adoption.
missdixy
I'd totally travel the world, and finally write the novel and/or poetry collection i've been itching to write for years now.
Aless
Boring answer, but I would try and travel to ever corner of the globe...good and bad, mundane & exciting. It's the only way to live!!
friuser
Aless wrote:
Boring answer, but I would try and travel to ever corner of the globe...good and bad, mundane & exciting. It's the only way to live!!


not boring. exactly the answer I was going to type after reading the first post. What else to do but travel when you are going to die? maybe settle some family affairs, make a clean slate.

Oh oh. maybe build a few monuments of myself in a few countries cause I can. :twisted:
molif
i would love to have caravan trip around New Zealand..
Afaceinthematrix
A lot of people said that they'd want to have kids. I wouldn't want to do that! Why would I have kids, knowing that I'm about to die? I'm basically just creating someone that will never even get to know their father. I wouldn't want to knowingly do that! Well, that's not saying much for me because I don't want kids anyways; they're bad investments and a waste of life. Why would you want to live your life for someone else besides yourself (and contribute to overpopulation)? I don't want a part of any of that nonsense. Anyways, getting back to the question. I love backpacking/trekking/bushwalking/whatever you call it (it's called different things in different places). I hate traveling around the world to different cities, because it's not extreme enough for me. I love high adventure, and something about putting everything you need to survive on your back and traveling around in the wilderness for weeks at a time, seeing no other people and putting yourself up against the wild in survival situations has always intrigued me. Has anyone seen Bear Grylls (even though that one isn't true survival because he has a camera-crew) and Les "Survivorman" Stroud's show (which is true survival, because he goes out into the wilderness for a weak with nothing but his own camera, which he carries on a backpack in his back)? I love that type of thing. I've been backpacking in many places, but I haven't been everywhere. There are a few more places I want to go, which include Africa, South America, and Asia. If I had one year with an unlimited amount of resources (money), I would first go backpacking/trekking in South Africa, Kenya, Namibia, Uganda, and Tanzania. I would then go to Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, and Brazil. I would then head to Borneo, Vietnam, and China. I would then go to Australia. I would spend the last year of my life backpacking around.
hlavco
I think I'd travel the country, or maybe to other countries. Well, it's a whole six months, I could probably make it to quite a few places. Unlimited resources, you say? I'd pay off all the debts of all of my family and friends, maybe donate to some charities, give as much of these unlimited resources as necessary to scientists so they could try to develop a cure to whatever it is that's killing me, and if they succeed I could live a long life with all these random unlimited resources.
dac_nip
I think i want to be superman, then probably be batman..then spiderman..and see what it feels like to be a superhero! wahahah
ThornsOfSorrow
If I knew that I only had a limited amount of time to live, I don't think I'd change anything about my life. In other words, I'd continue going to college and working towards a career that I wouldn't live long enough to actually have. While I certainly understand the need to fill one's last days (or weeks or months, etc) with fun activities, I think I'd be less likely to accept death if I did this than if I just continued living like everybody else.

Here's an example:
I've always wanted to travel outside of my country, but if I did that once, I'm not sure I'd be satisfied. Something in that new place would get me interested in a different place, and then I'd travel again and again and again. If I started having fun, I'd never want to stop, and I'd find that six months to a year wouldn't be enough time to even come close to finishing all that I want to accomplish before I die. While that wouldn't really matter in the long run (seeing as I don't believe in life after death), I wouldn't want my last moments to be filled with disappointment.

I know that's not much of a "bucket list", but I like my life the way it is. If I found out I was going to die before graduating and becoming a successful engineer, I'd be pretty bitter, but I would want to get as close to that goal as I possibly could. Then I could at least die knowing that I tried.
jsymac
I think I'd want to travel to see and experience lot's of different places and sites.

I'd also with a unlimited wallet, set something up so my family would be secure for life.
Related topics
The Last Movie You Saw?
Ever been to Australia?
Post your top 10 movies of all time
what would you do if you have only 60 mins to live?
THE ULTIMATE BUCKET LIST
A snowy hike in the English Peak District
Urban exploration
Prospecting/Rock hounding
Skydiving
How do you want to end your life
The Wonders of the world
The list: Things you want to experience
Definition of a Christian
Being more resolved
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.