FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Urchin and GA!! Help Needed Urgently.

georgekalathil
I have a site and have installed the google analytics code. The code contains the word urchin in it. But i have heard that Urchin is a paid software. But how come this. I also know that Google has purchased Urchin in 2005. But my client was asking which one was the best. I also noticed that a newer version of Google analytics known as GA has been released. Which one is the best? Urchin or GA?? plz reply...
alalex
Both of them work fine, and are free to use with a google analytics account. Now if you are going to place a code in your site, I recommend you place the GA code, since it is newer and as Google says it gives you more features.
georgekalathil
Ok. Thanks Friend.
The next question is as follows. I am currently using Urchin version of Google Analytics. I am upgrading my Urchin Google Analytics to GA. The problem is that, will I lose my previous history, when I upgrade to GA.

Waiting for your reply ASAP.
alalex
You shouldn't lose any of your stored data, just go to codes in google analytics, copy the new code (GA) and paste it where you had previously pasted the Urchin code. Once you replace them, everything should be as before, and you will probably not notice anything new.

In case you are not sure about it, try to put the new code in some pages, and leave the old code in others, and you should see that the results are exactly the same for now.
As google said, the new code will add more features to the retrieved data, but for now I think that everything is the same.