FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JOb In the Canada...

hellnut
Hey Guys i want to have job in Canada i am in the philippine and i want a direct employer.. Can somebody give me some contacts... Very Happy
ptfrances
I would like to know as well how is the labor market in Canada nowadays Wink
gtoroap
Well, I want a job in Canada too. So, if anyone could help us, or if a direct employer read this message, I have 100% availability to travel to Canada. I'm in Colombia currently, but with a job offer is easier to get a visa. Thanks.
yupeng
Nomatter where i get a job, i just want a way to get some money........
I'm Chinese........Majored in Law,but i still need to study for about 2 years.......
Life with no money is terrible.........
ciureanuc
what's wrong with you guys??
you enter to a forum and ask for canadian people to hire you?? What is that?
"Hey, I want a job in canada"... get serious!!!
You don't give ANY details about you, no CV, no a small history about yourself, about your skills and trainings... is this the right way to get a job??

If you are really interested about working and living in canada, made some research, get informed about the immigration process, about the job hunting, about.... ABOUT EVERYTHING!

A guy get into a forum and say; I WANT A JOB OVERSEAS... I find it A JOKE!!
Do you thing that ANYBODY will hire people met on a forum; people who provided A SINGLE LINE about themselfs ?
ddoonie
Haha thats too funny. I'm in Canada, and the job market is just fine.. I see signs of it slowing down in the near future. Unless you have formal education (post graduate), or a senior level position, you are going to have a tough time getting sponsored by a company. Be aware that your work experience, nor your education will reflect the equivalent level in Canada. Unfortunate as it may be, this is the way it works... All i can say, is throw out your resume to every company and see if any come back..
kody
I'm a Canadian Engineer. I see many foreign engineers come to Canada and expect to be able to start practising their engineering career, but it's not that easy. You need to have a degree from a recognized university for one thing. Proven and relevant work experience is another requirement, but that could be gained in Canada. Only, it can hard to get a job without it!

As the previous poster suggests, it's simply ignorant to move to a new country and expect to continue your same career without doing your due diligence.

Not sure how things are in the East of Canada, but out West here the economy is going strong. Unless you're in the forestry industry that is.
deanhills
Think the "easy to get into Canada" perception comes from literarily millions of agencies all over the world promising jobs in Canada and guarantees of landed immigration visas for the applicants in exchange of lots of money. So beware of organizations like that. Perhaps it is good to heed this Fraud notice which is posted on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-fraud.asp

You cannot get a job in Canada before you have your landed immigration status sorted out. If you have a job offer, this will strengthen your application under the points system, however it takes quite a long time to process the application for landed immigration and it is not advisable to do your application when you have entered Canada on a tourist Visa. If you apply for Landed Immigration while you are inside Canada on a Tourist Visa, this may complicate things for you and you may require the services of a qualified immigration lawyer.

The information of how to immigrate to Canada is very transparent and should cost you nothing. There is no interpretation needed by third parties as there is nothing complicated or hidden about it. It is all available on the Canadian Government Website http://www.cic.gc.ca including application forms, explanations of the different categories of immigration, on-line self-testing etc.

The Section where you can do a self-test to determine whether you qualify for landed immigration on the points system is available at the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp
bauanginternet
I may agree with that. I tried applying through the internet but until now, no one of the companies and agencies i applied replied. I have a friend who recently flew to Canada not for a job but as an immigrant. And she waited for almost 5 years for that, she stayed on her work here in the Philippines for that span of time coz thats her key going to Canada.
ciureanuc
Another reply from me... I discovered this site: http://www.notcanada.com/
I am really curious if this website is just about bad experiences or about bad experiences AS AN IMMIGRANT...
Can anybody tell me?
nesmiranda
If your in the Philippines, POEA licensed agencies are now offering jobs in Canada.

Jobs most frequently in needs are welder, butcher and other journeyman skills.

Proficiency in English, safety and skills competency is a must. Work experiences are thoroughly check and verify.
LumberJack
I don't know what to think about the website. I know of many immigrants that have come to Canada successfully and unsuccessfully. Like anywhere, it depends where you move to and the job market there. Choose carefully Smile
deanhills
nesmiranda wrote:
If your in the Philippines, POEA licensed agencies are now offering jobs in Canada.

Jobs most frequently in needs are welder, butcher and other journeyman skills.

Proficiency in English, safety and skills competency is a must. Work experiences are thoroughly check and verify.

People from the Phillipines do very well in Canada and are highly regarded too. They have a wonderful work ethic, not afraid to do anything, some are amazingly hard-working, working three jobs at the same time seven days out of seven days. There is a great sense of comaraderie among Phillipino people in Canada so that they will club together to save overheads, friends and family stick together. Most will try and buy a house as soon as possible. That is usually a very good starting point.

I think plumbers are in great demand. If you are good at plumbing you can make loads of money with your own business. I have a friend from the Philippines who did extremely well in Canada as a plumber and maintenance person. He owns a few properties and is very wealthy. It is a one-man business. With almost no overheads.
martyman123
ptfrances wrote:
I would like to know as well how is the labor market in Canada nowadays Wink

hmm i was trying to get working visa but have to wait over 1 year cus of rush.
ive seen kids around age of 10-12 doing different jobs in Canada, so i thing there is no enough employees to do those not-so-well-paying jobs..