FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google search of your own Site

Possum
Hi

I see that the Frihost forums have a Google search field in the top right corner of the page.

How do you do this? ( I ask because there may be php code)

Do you need to let Google know your site map regularly when you add a page to make it search able..

Cheers Possum...
imagefree
Sitemap is not a requrement.

THere is no PHP script required for this search box, just logon to your Adsense Account and click on Adsense for Search and you will be taken to a page to customize and get the code of Google Search Box for your site.

The code will be pure HTML.
swizzy
Even adsense is not required if you dont have a adsense account... Google Custom Search will solve your problems
rvec
swizzy wrote:
Even adsense is not required if you dont have a adsense account... Google Custom Search will solve your problems

and the link for this:
http://www.google.com/coop/cse/

I think you don't make any money out of it (this is a free webhost after all Razz ). Then you can have the ad-free one.
nivinjoy
rvec wrote:

I think you don't make any money out of it (this is a free webhost after all Razz ). Then you can have the ad-free one.

I didn't get it...?? Do you mean that by inserting Google search through your Adsense account,you can earn money each time some one uses the search option...?? If i am wrong please correct me...!!

Laughing Cool Laughing
rvec
if you use the search only (not via adsense) it's ad-free for non-profit sites. If you use it over adsense you'll always have ads and you get $$ if users click on them just like the normal adsense ads.
nivinjoy
rvec wrote:
if you use the search only (not via adsense) it's ad-free for non-profit sites. If you use it over adsense you'll always have ads and you get $$ if users click on them just like the normal adsense ads.

Oh it's like that...Thank you for replying...!!!