FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help! windows ME

Luciferdf2
Well i found a computer on the side of the road and took it home. It had win98 on it and bearly worked. I formatted it and downloaded windows ME because thats all it could support. Once i installed it i had no internet. I called my provider and the dumbasses ALWAYS say wait 24hours or they tell me some other bs, like winME doesnt support broadband cuz they never want to help anybody!!!! So i found a way to fix the internet after there lies but i have no sound. A driver is missing and i need a yamaha ds1 driver? ive downloaded one but they only download to a floppy disk and then it doesnt want to run when i install it. Does anybody know a way to fix my problem.

os=winme

soundcard= montego II something? i just know i need a yamaha ds1 driver

please help
Diablosblizz
To be honest, I'd format it and go back to 98. Windows ME had so many problems. ME, in my opinion stands for Mistake Edition, as said on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Me#Criticisms

I've used it for so many years and what pain it caused me. If anything, 98, or 95 will run much better than ME. Best of luck.

Kind regards.
fadirocks
try Win2k Pro, it should work better
I would install 98se over ME
csoftdev
dump windows ME, that's teh wrost windows that they ever release.
use linux, it's free of charge.
Studio Madcrow
Before I make any reccomendations, it would be good to know what CPU the thing has and how much memory it's got.
smspno
I reckon that the best thing you could do now is downgrading the operating system to Windows 98 or using Linux instead. Windows Millennium Edition is in my opinion the worst Windows edition which has ever been released as I was using it for about a year.
mrcblake
Luciferdf2 wrote:
Well i found a computer on the side of the road and took it home. It had win98 on it and bearly worked. I formatted it and downloaded windows ME because thats all it could support. Once i installed it i had no internet. I called my provider and the dumbasses ALWAYS say wait 24hours or they tell me some other bs, like winME doesnt support broadband cuz they never want to help anybody!!!! So i found a way to fix the internet after there lies but i have no sound. A driver is missing and i need a yamaha ds1 driver? ive downloaded one but they only download to a floppy disk and then it doesnt want to run when i install it. Does anybody know a way to fix my problem.

os=winme

soundcard= montego II something? i just know i need a yamaha ds1 driver

please help

I think I may have found your driver and some information for you. Read this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/265380 Download your driver here, if you don't have an account you can signup for a free account and then download the driver: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=97546
I hope this helps.