FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

In Flames - A Sense of Purpose

catscratches
I loved their previous CDs but this completely sucks. Repetive like hell and all the songs sound exactly the same. I havn't even listened to all of the songs but I'm already tired of the shit.

I want my money back...
pudovkin
I do think all their music sounds too repetitive. Didn't listened their last album, but I don't know how that can be worse.
catscratches
Well, I think early In Flames is incredibly repetive. But the little later isn't (just a little bit).

And it can be worse. Like the hip-hop song we played in school (hate music in school...). It contained only one chord. >_>
Nutteloos
Most hiphop, sadly enough, isn't about quality but just about harsh lyrics and clips with half-naked women. Appearantly that's what sells, not impressive musicianship or thoughtful songs.

I'm not sure I'd try In Flames though - I'm not really into the Death Metal vocals and by the sounds of what's told here the melodic part isn't that great either.
pudovkin
catscratches wrote:
And it can be worse. Like the hip-hop song we played in school (hate music in school...). It contained only one chord. >_>

hahaha (Y)
flyfamilyguy
catscratches wrote:
I loved their previous CDs but this completely sucks. Repetive like hell and all the songs sound exactly the same. I havn't even listened to all of the songs but I'm already tired of the shit.

I want my money back...

Who are we talking about? Shocked
catscratches
Maybe In Flames, as stated in the title of the topic...
flyfamilyguy
catscratches wrote:

Sorry. Never heard of them.
catscratches
It's a swedish melodic death metal band. Quite famous. You can listen to them at their PureVolume: http://www.purevolume.com/inflames
flyfamilyguy
catscratches wrote:
It's a swedish melodic death metal band. Quite famous. You can listen to them at their PureVolume: http://www.purevolume.com/inflames

Not Bad! They kind of remind me of Type-O-Negative. (Maybe a little bit harder), but not bad.
I'm a drummer, who appreciates Fat Tones. (Got a 6 piece LudWig. Old school style) I'm mostly a Rocker from the seventy's who Loves, and Lives to emulate John Bonham! (Led Zeppelin Drummer)As a musician, I focus on rythms, and Technique more than the overall sound, and these guy's are not bad at all!
pinhead
I must agree new album (2008) is really soft. In these days seems that it is not metal anymore Smile It was ok when singer did his own project call Passanger adn it was just hard rock or something like that but in IN FLAMES they should kick ass !
[FuN]goku
Mhhh idk, i think In Flames is just fine, but i'm open to a wide variety of music , mostly things ranging from emo/screamo to grindcore/death metal/melodic metal.
nagra
flyfamilyguy wrote:
catscratches wrote:

Sorry. Never heard of them.

I think it not possible npot to see them on the networld...