FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HP psc 750 - Scanner Failure problem

TomGrey
I've googled this problem and found some help that hasn't worked yet:
uninstall software
download & run a software cleaner (not for 750 tho),
install driver again (not just 750 tho, something more generic)

HP printer still says scanner failure and usually doesn't print.

Help would be appreciated.
aningbo
i have no idea what are you trying to say here. did you lost the CD driver? is your printer in working condition? are the drivers properly installed? what about the cables?
TomGrey
I'm using Win XP.
My HP 750 PSC driver CD doesn't include an XP driver, which I got from somewhere else -- I think HP site before.

Now, when I try to copy something or print something, I get red light on the printer and a warning on the printer "Scanner Failure".

I found some advice to unplug the printer and disconnect it from the PC, which I tried and, once, got some (tax) copies. But then it stopped.

Other advice said uninstall and re-install the device, which I've tried. Again, it printed a few test pages, but then the problem occurred again. The successful test page printing makes me think the printer works mechanically.

So I was hoping somebody who had had a similar problem and solved it could help me solve mine.
mrcblake
TomGrey wrote:
I'm using Win XP.
My HP 750 PSC driver CD doesn't include an XP driver, which I got from somewhere else -- I think HP site before.

Now, when I try to copy something or print something, I get red light on the printer and a warning on the printer "Scanner Failure".

I found some advice to unplug the printer and disconnect it from the PC, which I tried and, once, got some (tax) copies. But then it stopped.

Other advice said uninstall and re-install the device, which I've tried. Again, it printed a few test pages, but then the problem occurred again. The successful test page printing makes me think the printer works mechanically.

So I was hoping somebody who had had a similar problem and solved it could help me solve mine.

Ok, completely uninstall your printer restart your computer and go this web site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=57769 download the drivers and install them then restart your computer again. and you should be working. you can download the manuals here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=57769&os=228& Razz