FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Scattergories

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

I've played Scattergories for years. When I was younger i used to play Scattergories Junior with my sister. But anyways, it's a game everyone should try at least once. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. But it at least needs a chance for you to play it.

If you've never played this game, it's great. Two minor problems keep it from being amazing.

Firstly, there is a lack of instruction. Only one very scant piece of paper is provided. If you've never played the game, it takes a few moments to realize how it all works. That shouldn't be an issue. Board games should be playable out of the box, especially one this simple.

Secondly, the construction of the competition boards (hinged pieces of cardboard which writing clamps snap into) are a bit hard to link to the plastic clamps. My friend broke two simply trying to assemble the game. Also, clamps grip paper a bit loosely.

These are minor, nitpicky issues. The game itself is marvelous, great for both the party crowd and the intellectual type. If Milton Bradley paid a bit more attention to this game's presentation, it'd be perfect.

Keep it real...
Nameless
I play Scattergories occasionally with my family, but we've never had any problem with the physical components, and the rules are simple enough to fit one one piece of paper. It's fun, but literally every time we play there are arguments over answers counting or not, and after a while the answers given get more and more ridiculous to the point where somebody gives up and leaves. Laughing
hlavco
I love Scattergories. I think we have an old copy, though... I don't remember any plastic. It was just pads of paper inside folding cardboard.