FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

King's X (Gretchen Goes To Nebreaska)

basementgamesltd
Hey all,

King's X are an excellent band with loads of talent. I've had this album for awhile and when I saw it on a store shelf I felt I need to give it the recognition it deserves.

Grethen Goes To Nenraska is the sound of one of the world's greatest bands reaching near-perfection. There really isn't a whole lot that can even be said about this album that will help someone understand exactly how brilliant King's X are. The way they combine their varying influences (Beatles, Sly and the Family Stone, Led Zeppelin) into a sound that is entirely unique in the music world must be heard to be believed.

This album includes "Over My Head," which is the closest that the band ever got to a commercial hit. However, the song isn't even one of the strongest on the album. My personal favorites include "The Difference," "Pleiades," and "The Burning Down." However, there is not a weak cut on the entire album.

From beginning to end, this is one of the strongest albums I've heard, and while it is not my favorite King's X album, it is certainly better than 99.9% of what's out there to be heard in the world of popular music. Some day, I am convinced that King's X will get the recognition that they rightfully deserve. They are amazing...

Keep it real...
Nutteloos
I've been looking for stuff by this band for quite a while, though not very actively. I have yet to find any of their albums though. I've heard some good reactions about their music so I'm definitely going to give them a try once I find anything.