FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

© symbol not appearing....

nivinjoy
I have set up a web site in my account provided by Frihost....Its up now and i have figured out some mistakes in the appearance of the site....That is wherever the © symbol is there it does not appears...Instead a ? mark appears....!!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It works well on the index page..ie,the © symbol does appears on the index page...but on other pages it does not...!!!

So those who are interested in helping me please check out my site at www.nivinjoy.co.nr and go to the about me and favourites pages...Then, either you right click on any image or see the status bar(if you are using internet explorer).....

Please anyone out there help me in this situation...!!! I just want the © symbol to appear...

Hope to have the reply soon...!! Laughing Cool Laughing
Peterssidan
On the other pages you have
Code:
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

On the index page you don't set the charset. I think it work if you use the right charset. Anyway, to be on the safe side use &copy; instead.
Diablosblizz
Yeah, using &copy; is easier. If your using a WYSIWYG editor then I think it's time to learn some coding! So, yeah on the safe side use &copy;

Good luck.
nivinjoy
Thank you for showing interest in helping me.... But friends after using &copy; it used to come as it is....!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So i removed the

Quote:

line from the pages...Now it seems to be working...!!! Cool Cool

But can anyone explain what does

Quote:

mean....???? Question Question

Once again thank you both for hrlping me...God bless you...!! Pray Pray

Laughing Cool Laughing
Peterssidan
Code:

mean that the page is using encoding utf-8. it's unicode. When you save you document you can probabley chose if you want to save it as utf-8, iso-8859-1 or something else. It is how the characters is represented and so on. There is some difference between them but normal characters is the same but special characters can be different. Therefore you should specify the encoding you are using for that page. utf-8 is not what you use.
nivinjoy
Actually i had downloaded the template from a site and had uploaded it as it is with some changes of text...That' all what i did..!!!

But now what is validation of the css or web pages...When i tried to do it at some site..it said something related to the above term that is utf8 or so...??? Is it necessary to do this validation..?? What are the benefits if we are doing it..?? Laughing Cool Laughing
Crinoid
I had the same situation with downloaded template: the copyright symbol appeared at all, but a couple of pages. Copy-paste didn't work. Same template for all pages.
Have no explanations, but replacing in html this symbol by its equivalent &#169 helped.
nivinjoy
Crinoid wrote:
I had the same situation with downloaded template: the copyright symbol appeared at all, but a couple of pages. Copy-paste didn't work. Same template for all pages.
Have no explanations, but replacing in html this symbol by its equivalent &#169 helped.

Thanks for the help mann...I will do as you said...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing