FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can you.

Srs2388
You all probably have heard of woodworm absinthe....
I was wondering can you smoke woodworm? I saw some on the internet it wasn't to smoke but it looked smokable.
I could see it being a really relaxing smoke.
Bikerman
Srs2388 wrote:
I was wondering can you smoke woodworm? I saw some on the internet it wasn't to smoke but it looked smokable.

In several threads you have given details of problems with your current drugs regime. Now you want information on taking more drugs...Do you really think this is sensible?
Klaw 2
Srs2388 wrote:

Aside of your condition and drug regime it would be VERY unwise to smoke...
Ever tried to smoke chicken?
Hope that's clear enough.
Eating is ok with that.
but smoking?
Srs2388
no no no... I wasn't "taking drugs"
I had a prescription of oxycontin.. I ran out because my parents forgot the doctors appointment.
I also found out i wasn't having withdrawals.
This isn't really 'a drug'
it is used in an alcoholic beverage that was banned a long time ago and it now can be sold but it has a limit of how much woodworm it can have it it.
woodworm is supposed to be a calming smoke and help clear your mind.
it isn't like i was saying
OMG can i snort xanax and oxycontin and then smoke some heroin without it killing me.
I was just asking a simple question. c'mon now.
I haven't done drugs in awhile... the last 'drug' I did was marijuana and it was about 3 months ago.
and I don't even consider marijuana to be a drug. it's just an herb. like Valerian root or st john's wort.
so I ask of you... please don't judge me.. I get enough of this at home for taking my painkillers that i have a legit prescription for.
Bikerman
I think you misunderstand me.
You are taking a variety of drugs. I did not say that you were doing so illegally. You are confused about terminology. Marijuanna is a drug, Oxycontin is a drug, paracetamol is a drug, wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is a drug, although the active compound is still a bit of a mystery - it is probably thujone. Alcohol - including absinthe (the drink you referred to) - is a drug.
You are on a variety of drugs for your disability and for that reason it would be foolish to consider taking other drugs.
Srs2388
bikerman... how in the hell do you know so much Shocked I'm not being sarcastic. but now many people know about thujone.
I don't consider alcohol a drug though.. I heard smoking it can calm nerves so it has my interest.
I would try it once. I know a few people who claim they have smoked it.
they said
"it causes your mind to be more cleared and relaxed and that it isn't a hard drug or anything it kinda calms you like a clove cigarette or something"
so... I am all for somethin to help calm my nerves.
Klaw 2
Anyway you shouldn't smoke it ust take it like you should. You can smoke coffee but it's a waste. And with that it's the same shame of that stuff.
WhistleTurning
If you want something to calm your nerves try relaxation exercises, or paswstimes such as yoga. B is right taking any recreational drug is bad for you in the end, and even for medicinal purposes drugs lose their effectiveness over time-I do suffer from a chronic condition (11 years )so do have first had knowlege of long term uses of medications
Bikerman
Srs2388 wrote:
bikerman... how in the hell do you know so much Shocked I'm not being sarcastic. but now many people know about thujone.
I don't consider alcohol a drug though.. I heard smoking it can calm nerves so it has my interest.
I would try it once. I know a few people who claim they have smoked it.
they said
"it causes your mind to be more cleared and relaxed and that it isn't a hard drug or anything it kinda calms you like a clove cigarette or something"
so... I am all for somethin to help calm my nerves.

What you consider a drug is not really the issue - alcohol IS a drug, and a very powerful drug at that.
I know so much because I have been a teacher and lecturer and, like most teachers, I am a magpie for knowledge. I know a little about a lot of things - a sort of jack of all trades.
The problem with wormwood is that the toxicology is not well understood. What we do know is that absinthe (which contains wormwood) was banned, largely because of its effects on the central nervous system. There is some controversy about whether wormwood does, in fact, cause the effects noticed or whether they resulted from general alcoholism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe#Effects_of_absinthe

The general point is that any drug is likely to have side-effects. Alcohol most certainly does. We don't know a great deal about thujone but tests on animals show an effect on the nervous system (spasm), and tests on humans show high levels in alcohol affect concentration (over and above what would be expected from the alcohol).
TBSC
The only drugs you should take are ones for absolute necessity. I take asprin and very rarely a cup of coffee. I hope that is not too much. Not to brag but it really makes you think more clearly when you dont take any drugs at all.
Bikerman
Well, I'm not nearly as virtuous, but I am aware of the damage that my habits could cause and have therefore made an informed decision Smile
Srs2388
virtuous?
lol im stupid and don't know what that means. I don't do that much stuff.
most people my age have done so much most of my friends have done shrooms cocaine meth.. get drunk all the time. I think i have been pretty good though.
I have drank a few times. smoked pot. and that's about it.
I have smoked pot about 5 times in my whole 20 years of living.
Bikerman
Srs2388 wrote:
virtuous?

It basically means that I am not an angel..I smoke and drink - alcohol & coffee. I have smoked weed and done other drugs in my time. I am, however, fully aware of the possible downside of all the drugs I have taken over the years and took them knowing what I was doing.
I am not trying to tell you what you should and should not do - that would be hypocritical. You asked for advice and I am simply trying to give you the best advice I can. Knowing that you are already taking powerful drugs for your disability and associated symptoms it would be irresponsible of me to say anything other than I do not recommend taking recreational drugs.
The best policy on these things is normally honesty. If you really want to smoke weed, wormwood or whatever then ask your doctor. Of course he/she will say you should not do so, but you need to know if there are specific contra-indications that apply to you - ie will they interact with existing medicines. I do not have the knowledge to say either way - neither do you - neither should you trust anyone here who says they do.
I had a serious bike smash a few years ago (broken ribs, shoulder and knee, punctured lung and lots of gravel rash). I found that smoking weed helped the pain generally, once released from hospital. I asked my doctor - he said don't, because of the damaged lung, but if you must then eat it. That's what I did.
Doctors are not stupid (most of them, anyway) and they have a duty of confidentiality. If you want to make adult decisions on these matters then ask them to treat you like an adult and give you the information necessary to make an informed decision.
Srs2388
ohhh gotcha sorry I am slow... I have smoked it for pain relief and it seriously made a big difference i didn't feel any pain what so ever. It really dumbed me up though. I was in the car and everything was going by sooo slow. I had bad cotton mouth. I was paranoid.
I honestly am not crazy about how it makes you feel. too many negative effects to outweigh the positives. That's crazy glad you made it out of that.
Thanks for the advice though.
Bikerman
Well, I wouldn't advise anyone to take any drug. All I would advise is that they inform themselves and then make a rational decision based on facts. Where I can provide facts I will, but internet boards are a bad place for such information since you have no idea who is giving the advice/information - and that applies to me as well (although I am generally honest about it and admit my own limitations Smile )
gr8inferno
I think there are plenty of reasons why they banned smoking woodworm.
Srs2388
gr8inferno wrote:

they didn't bann smoking woodworm.
they banned absinthe with a high content of thujone.
It was long believed to have hallucinogenic properties... but it is no longer banned and you can drink it now.
I would love to try it. when i turn 21 iI'm buying some Very Happy just about 10 months =D lol.
valentin_n
Srs2388 wrote:
gr8inferno wrote:

they didn't bann smoking woodworm.
they banned absinthe with a high content of thujone.
It was long believed to have hallucinogenic properties... but it is no longer banned and you can drink it now.
I would love to try it. when i turn 21 iI'm buying some Very Happy just about 10 months =D lol.

I think is not good for your organism!
snowynight
I don't quite understand that.... but as for drug... I don't think it a good idea to enjoy all things you are not familiar with.... You know, drugs are not for common people.
urdumaila
i dont like druge
its bad for you and ur family
jsk02a
Srs2388 wrote:
virtuous?
lol im stupid and don't know what that means. I don't do that much stuff.
most people my age have done so much most of my friends have done shrooms cocaine meth.. get drunk all the time. I think i have been pretty good though.
I have drank a few times. smoked pot. and that's about it.
I have smoked pot about 5 times in my whole 20 years of living.

I really wish you wouldn't generalize the people in your age group. I'm twenty years old and I've never done cocaine, mushrooms, or meth, thank you. Firstly, it's rude and really foolish of you to stereotype your own age bracket. And, secondly? ... Eh, my second comment is too mean. Wink

As for drugs? Like any mind-altering substance, be smart about it. Use it for medicinal purposes or very, very, very moderately and in a safe enviornment.