FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with WordPress, Twitter Tools and sidebar widgets

bigdan
I've just installed Twitter Tools in Wordpress 2.5 (although I have had the same problem with earlier versions) and it comes up with this error when I try to manually update my Twitter posts:

Code:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to twitter.com:80 (Connection timed out) in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1158

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php:1158) in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/twitter-tools/twitter-tools.php on line 657

Now, I've had a look I may need to do something with a setting involving fsock - is this the case? If so, is it something that can be done with CPanel?

Also, everytime I add a widget using Javascript to the sidebar (like the widgets at Weatherzone), I get this message:
Code:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@djpalmer.frihost.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Again, it's happened in previous versions, but the first time I ran Wordpress here, it actually did work until I did a reinstall of Wordpress.

So have I done wrong, or not done at all? Any advice here would be fantastic! Very Happy
bigdan
Also, with the new version, it won't let me upload photos using the uploader, it's saying there are HTTP problems, but won't say anything else. What's going on?
bigdan
I'm also getting these messages:

This is on my login page...

Code:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1158

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to twitter.com:80 (Unknown error) in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1158

And I get this when I attempt to update my Twitter posts on the blog manually:

Code:
Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1158

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to twitter.com:80 (Unknown error) in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php on line 1158

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-includes/class-snoopy.php:1158) in /home/bigdan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/twitter-tools/twitter-tools.php on line 657

Now can someone please help me with this? It used to work previously, and something has happened...this is really giving me the shits....
guissmo
bigdan wrote:
Also, with the new version, it won't let me upload photos using the uploader, it's saying there are HTTP problems, but won't say anything else. What's going on?

I'm having the same problems. Has this been resolved?
rvec
the fsockopen function might be dissabled. I'll give it a quick try.

edit: nothing wrong on server frih.net