FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A subject called differential equation

kk_loke86
Hello, I am a undergraduate student in UKM, Malaysia. I am taking a course known as differential equation and difference equation. It is really a tough course for me because I have not touched maths since I have leaving my secondary school.

The course is one of my major courses. And I really can`t get into this course because the lecturer also does not friendly at all.

The topics cover include First Order Differential equation, Second order Differential equation, Laplace transform, Difference Equation, Partial Differential Equation.

Does anyone can give me some suggestions on how to study all those topics? My final is coming soon.... I really don`t want to retake the course next semester.
Bikerman
Try
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/DE/DE.aspx
kk_loke86
Thanks for providing me the link. It does help me a lot. ^_^
Afaceinthematrix
That stuff isn't too difficult. The best way to go about it is to just do a lot of practice problems. The more of those that you do, the easier they become. A lot of math is simply experience. If you done a lot of math, it will be easier.
Arnie
Do you have a good book? I suggest making the assigned exercises and when you can't work one out, look for help. I have a final on differential / laplace this Monday!
Kelcey
Heh, brush up on your integrals!
jwellsy
Diffy Q is a spectators sport.
Most people just learn to regurgitate it and mimic it back on exams.
If you try to understand it, your social skills and sperm count will decrease exponentially.
Davidgr1200
Differential equations are fun! They are also pretty easy one you get used to them. If you are going to do physics or chemistry then they are a major tool which you will use pretty well all the time. Shame about the lecturer on your course but don't let him/her get to you.
deStructuralized
jwellsy wrote:
Diffy Q is a spectators sport.
Most people just learn to regurgitate it and mimic it back on exams.
If you try to understand it, your social skills and sperm count will decrease exponentially.

Laughing

I hope not

I'll be self studying this and linear equations for my own personal knowledge this summer, and I'm a big fan of my baby-making potential. Smile
Arnie
It's no fun without a test though. But hey, I had 92% on it Smile
Drawingguy
start with integrals and work your way up!