FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to accept data with super and subscript

bukaida
I want to know the process of accepting the superscript and subscript data from html textbox through php and store them in mysql database.Also support for other rich text format is required.
please help.I am using PHP 4.4.0 with mysql 5 and apache 2.
djclue917
I'm just wondering, are those superscripts and subscripts represented by special characters or do you simply use "^" for superscript notation (I'm not familiar with the one used in subscripts)?
alalex
Yea, as he asked, how to you expect superscript and subscript to be entered in a standard html textarea?
bukaida
The data is originaly in EXCEL format.It has to be migrated to mysql.I am using navicat 8 for this purpose .Everything is fine except displaying them back (with ofcourse the superscript and subscript data,other data are displaying fine) on the html page.Now to overcome the problem, I have written an input form through which data can be inserted manualy(like copy and paste operation from the excel file).Now the textbox is not being able to take the super script/subscript data.I cannot understand the way to solve it.Does mysql 5.0.5 have the capabilty of storing superscript/subscript data(does the problem lies with mysql,I mean in case of migration)? Any solution to get around this problem ? PHP version is 4.4 on apache 2.
alalex
The problem here lies in everything. Superscript and subscript data doesn't exist in Internet. There are many solutions online but none of them will allow you to put superscript or subscript in normal textareas.

You could try using the advanced rich text tinyMce text editor, and wrap all "superscript" and "subscript" in <span> tags. Wink